SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Century Arms International Red Army C39v2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Century Arms International Red Army C39v2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If you want a quality AK to add to your collection and want a factory built rifle, consider Arsenal. They can be a bit pricey, but are generally considered to be among the best made today, especially the SAM 7.
Or check out the WBP Fox Polish AK at Atlantic Firearms.
There are a lot of people with a lot more knowledge about AK's than myself, but my suggestion is to buy a quality AK, such as one of the two I mentioned previously, especially if you may only eventually own one AK. Make it a good one, and don't waste your time trying to save money by cutting corners and buy one because it is cheap. Chances are that cheap price will also mean cheap quality. Not that all Century Arms AK are of cheap quality, but they have enough of a bad reputation to avoid. Do the research on some of the AK forums before you buy one.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
It amazes me you can't find dirt on Century. They have been crooks, building garbage for 30+ YEARS. I once visited their warehouse in Vermont to pickup a trailer full of 8mm Mauser ammo.

Luckily the buyer of the ammo insisted on reloading the trailer putting more weight on the tongue. They had loaded the MIDDLE of the load with the junk /damaged cases of ammo. With the grade 1 cases carefully stacked AROUND the junk ammo.

They are not to be trusted. i could relate a few more very negative interactions with CAI but they aren't worth my typing time.

Stay away from CAI.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
#2 IMHO. Back when there were hordes of cheap ammo available an AK made some sense...not today with the price for ammo.

I'd go AR.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like an AK and would probably go PSA since they have good reviews and the price is right. I know Arsenal's are great, but I won't spend $1k on an AK...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
#2 IMHO. Back when there were hordes of cheap ammo available an AK made some sense...not today with the price for ammo.

I'd go AR.

I have a whole mess of those...figure it’s time to diversify. Smile

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Been looking into the PSA AK, seems legit.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post