Tools

Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4455 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Kriss defiance 22lr. I bought the mag loader you linked to. I picked up about 10 mags from the 44mag.com place a while back. I loaded all 10 in under 5 minutes using this mag loader.

It is far better than the butler creek rotating loader for 10/22 or the old black dog loader for the same 522/ar22 mags we are talking about. No bent cases, no odd issues. Just loads the crap out of them.

I bought the bezels for the smith and wesson victory, the smith and wesson 41, and for ruger 10/22.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
The McFadden loader is GTG. Been using it for several years with my AR-22 mags, does a great job. Also have the 15-22 and 10/22 adaptors, but never used them as I don’t find the 15-22 difficult to load and I still don’t own a 10/22 (despite having around 8 mags for one).

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CMMG conversion that I've used in my Ruger AR556 that I'm really impressed with. Will that same loader work on those mags also?

"220ST (The Man) ROCKS"

Posts: 1853 | Location: in the mitt down the river | Registered: August 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manic mechanic:
I have a CMMG conversion that I've used in my Ruger AR556 that I'm really impressed with. Will that same loader work on those mags also?

From a cursory look it appears that the CMMG conversation uses the Black Dog pattern mags (which is what is being discussed above in the 522 and most common AR-22s), if that’s the case then yes it works wonderfully.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got the McFadden also and it works great for my AR mags but it doesn't work worth a damb for any of my 10-22 mags, however it works great on my BlackDog 10-22 drum ... I can't figure that one out Roll Eyes

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I've got the McFadden also and it works great for my AR mags but it doesn't work worth a damb for any of my 10-22 mags, however it works great on my BlackDog 10-22 drum ... I can't figure that one out Roll Eyes

Are they OEM mags or aftermarket? On their site they specifically mention that the adaptor is for aftermarket only.

Complacency sucks…

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
They are OEM ... Except for the Black Dog Drum of course! And I made sure to use the correct adapter for the mag (offset or straight)

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are OEM ... Except for the Black Dog Drum of course! And I made sure to use the correct adapter for the mag (offset or straight)

Sorry, should have clarified my post. Specifically the manufacturer says that the loader will not work with OEM 10/22 mags at all. The adaptors (center/offset) only work on aftermarket mags.

Complacency sucks…

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

Sorry, should have clarified my post. Specifically the manufacturer says that the loader will not work with OEM 10/22 mags at all. The adaptors (center/offset) only work on aftermarket mags.

Well ... then ... they are telling the truth!
Actually I didn't buy it off the website, I saw it at a new gun shop, I just saw it and bought it ... There wasn't any instructions with them except molded in the plastic it says like for off-set or for straight pin. I kept thinking I'd call them or something but never got around to it.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Black Dog sells a loader that works on the SIG and CMMG mags too.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post