SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissel Reaction rod vs Kley-Zion socket rod vs Magpul BEV block
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissel Reaction rod vs Kley-Zion socket rod vs Magpul BEV block Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
So its time to get a Geissele rod but wait, there is another option, the Kley-Zion socket rod that is 40% cheaper.

Sweet.

Then I discover the Magpul BEV block. Who knew?
I can only assume the Magpul tool is a quality option because, well, its Magpul.

Now the Magpul limits you to a single orientation as a action rod but it also will serve as a mag block. Clever Magpul.

I am still leaning towards an action rod but the Magpul BEV is interesting.

Opinions?

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Magpul BEV, but am looking to get a reaction rod. The BEV is nice, but it's very specific to an AR and assumes that the barrel is installed it the receiver. If you want to do a muzzle device swap on a barrel out of the receiver, or on an AR like gun such as aMCX or ACR, a reaction rod is the way to go. Much more versatile.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got the BEV block. Built 4 rifles on it so far. It's been rock solid.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I have a Reaction Rod and a Bev Block, the Reaction Rod is fantastic, every upper I have built has been super easy using that tool. Nothing wrong with the Bev block but the Reaction Rod is bomb proof. Only downside is it cant really be used for building anything other than 5.56 rifles. I still have another vise block for the 9mm ARs and the like.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
And the Super Reaction Rod is even better. Both the Reaction and Super Reaction Rod work on some other calibers. I've used them on 5.56 and 6.8. I believe I've read where it works on 6.5 Grendel and x39. Probably other calibers too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ed308,

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy the Brownells version of the reaction rod.

Thats what we have for the shop for 5.56 and another for 308. Significantly cheaper, You can buy one for each caliber for less than a single regular Giesselle Reaction Rod.
Ive improved them by adding a flat so the rod itself can be vised up but its not necessary.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsm...tools-prod27452.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/gunsm...tools-prod72374.aspx

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying the Kley-Zion thru Amazon for $60 delivered. It arrived today and looks like a well built tool. Ill get to try it out later this week. Smile

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I use a Geissele reaction rod for AR15. I almost bought one for AR10. I might pick up that Brownells .308 rod now!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post