SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR optical madness.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR optical madness. Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted
I own two AR-15 rifles, a 300 blackout SBR and a 16 inch light weight 5.56.

The lightweight recently got a accupower so the SBR gets the MRO. I take the MRO off the lightweight and put the MRO on my suppressed SBR, I put the dot on a soda can at about 60 yards and do a trigger squeeze...The MRO is already zeroed to the SBR with the can on it. I zero the Accupower and take it off the lightweight putting it on the SBR and it is zeroed close enough that the "not the most accurate ammo" is hitting in the black at range. This only works when the SBR is suppressed and the lightweight is not.

Any one else have something like this happen? From what I have read it is not suppose to work this way.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Chance: The most powerful force in the universe. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Some people might call what you're experiencing good fortune, but you seem to be a man who won't take a free lunch.

I can respect that. Big Grin

Send your rifles to me and I will trade you for two ARs that will not zero no matter how many rounds you put through them. You will spend much rage-er, range time, tinkering with them wondering whether it's because some of the bbl is crowned at 11 degrees, and some is crowned at 45 degrees, or whether the bbl nut is loose, or if a 15lb trigger is bad for accuracy, or if the front sight is canted (which may also be why the rifle doesn't cycle every time), or maybe the bbl is shot out, or maybe it's actually a .300 blk bbl that you're shooting 5.56 out of, etc, etc. We're talking hours of entertainment.

All jesting aside, it doesn't have to work out that two rifles share a close-enough common zero, but sometimes it does. Your SBR is generating additional muzzle velocity while suppressed, so maybe that is putting the round closer to where it would be out of a solid 16".

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luck of the draw, what's the point.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Chance, Luck who knows.

I bought a Trijicon Accupoont 1x4 with green reticle from one seller. And then bought a LaRue SPR mount from LaRue. Months apart. Put items together. Mounted on a 556 16" AR in the garage. Only making sure reticle was level and eye relief was comfortable for me. Finally took it to range at some point. First shooting was at 50 yards. Three types of ammo. All hit within center of my paper target. No adjustments. Went to 100 yard 18" steel gong. Multiple hits every time. Again no adjustments.

Luck, Chance? I don't know but I was GTG with setup.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently you don't need a tuner.

Posts: 12578 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I bought a TRS-25 a few years back for a .22, and wound up not using it. About a month or so back I finished up my first AR pistol build. I decided to try it on my AR pistol, but realized it needed a riser. I bought a cheap one (UTG) and got it mounted up. Took it to the range, and it was perfect at 50 yards. Never turned a screw!!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post