SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 551 barrel swap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 551 barrel swap Login/Join 
Picture of blhar15
posted
Has anyone done a barrel swap on an original Sig 551 or know of anyone that does this?

Thanks

Posts: 33 | Location: Iowa | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were two and one was CCF which was Capital city Firearms owner larry and he imported a lot of items back then. One was Keith Buckner in Birmingham close to me and I knew him and he did several swaps as Larry had carbon fiber receiver blocks made and sold some of those. Keith developed cancer and even though he was young I don,t know if he survived. I bought the 550 and 551 first models around 1988 and got one extra new barrel from Larry at CCF also I think he is still around.

Posts: 205 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Adco firearms. com,....they do barrel swaps, re thread barrels ect...on Sig 551,556

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blhar15
posted Hide Post
I contacted Adco and they do not do them

Thanks for the replies

Posts: 33 | Location: Iowa | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I emailed you through the forum with some recs.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Estes Adams did mine. Great job.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Was going to suggest contacting JoshNC but I see he chimed in already.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
All my these lines...any rec for welding on a diopter base and Swiss crest?

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
All my these lines...any rec for welding on a diopter base and Swiss crest?

Sent you an email.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post