SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Holy smokes, quick turn around time on my AK work!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy smokes, quick turn around time on my AK work! Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Just wanted to drop some positive feedback for Meridian Ordnance in KY.

I sent them an SBR that needed a restrictor plug drilled out. Simple work, but given how things are backlogged these days, I figured it would take the usual gunsmith time to do.

Not so. Gun was sent on Friday, arrived today, Tuesday. Get a call from them and they were literally working on it when I called to confirm receipt. Got a call back 45 minutes later and the thing was done.

Never seen anything like it. Essentially instant turnaround--and the final price, with shipping, was less than I was quoted. The even tweaked the mag catch for free, since it was tough to insert mags.

Should have the gun back in a few days. Excellent service and very good communication throughout.

Although a custom gun or some more major work obviously has a longer lead time, I'm not complaining, and I'll definitely be hitting up Meridian Ordnance when I get around to doing an AK-102 SBR.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. Some pics please when you get it back!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Might have to use them. I have a list of AK smiths I've used, and 3-6 months is par for the course. Hurts. Always good to have other options for quick turnaround.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun should be back tomorrow, if I can actually be around for the UPS guy. That's a single week turnaround from my shipment to receipt of the gun.

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll get to shoot it for at least two weeks because I'm getting married next week and there is no time for the range.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm getting married next week and there is no time for the range.

You're going to let that little shit stop you? Re-read the waiver.

Son, you need to seriously re-evaluate your priorities.

Seriously, congratulations!!!!!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Can one just 'Ship an SBR'?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, to a valid SOT holder and via UPS, provided it's coming back to the owner. I had to show the UPS people a copy of the FFL with matching addresses, but that's it.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Glad he worked out for you.

Mike does top notch work and is a good dude.
I am lucky enough to be able to drive over to the shop and drop my stuff off.

He’s done a 10mm 1911 and a Saiga conversion for me.
I also got a MO marked stripped Colt Pattern 9mm AR that I built up a while back. Generally is quite picky about what his name is on so generally won’t sell MO stripped lowers only fully built guns.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
<snip>

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll get to shoot it for at least two weeks because I'm getting married next week and there is no time for the range.

What ... Is this your first time around?
You need to lay down the rules now! Otherwise, in the near future, you'll find yourself at the mall instead of the range!

LOL ... Congratulations!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, yeah, but she's as likely to go to the range as the mall.

And at the reception, a bunch of us were having a lively discussion about the ammo shortage and planning range trips. Should be a fun future!