SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M&P 15-22 Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 15-22 Trigger Login/Join 
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted
I recently acquired a M&P 15-22. It is a hoot to shoot! However, the trigger sucks. Is it true that it can take any regular AR-15 trigger? If so, any suggestions for a quality, inexpensive trigger replacement? I'm looking at the ALG Defense ACT trigger. Any experience with it?

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
The SW 15-22 is a great rifle. Yes, you can swap triggers. For a $100, the larue Tactical MBT is very hard to beat. https://www.larue.com/products...ical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Larue MBT is great and has become my default AR trigger to install.

I had the ALG QMS in my 15-22 before I sold it. I forgot to take the QMS out but it did improve it. The ACT should be better than the QMS if you’re not going to go MBT

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how much have you shot it? mine - i think - has improved with use. probably have around 800 rds through it.

'Monty Python voice': It got better...

Big Grin

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I put an Mega trigger & spare NiB coated hammer in mine, just because that's what I had laying around at the time.

They pins are standard dimension, so any competent standard dimension AR trigger will work in your 15-22, just depends on how much money you want to spend.

The 15-22 is a great little platform for down-scaled fun.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
IMHO, Tom's Tactical Premium trigger is as good as the ACT and it's cheaper at $50...just noticed they're $40 per, if you buy 2:

http://www.tomstactical.com/To...ger-Group_p_169.html

Right To Bear has Enhanced Nickel Teflon Trigger Assembly, I don't have any experience with them since they're still out-of-stock, $40 before shipping Frown:

https://www.righttobear.com/En...sembly-p/enta-01.htm

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I go a bit nuts on accessories - I put a giessele in mine, mags go quick...

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I have about 200 rounds through it. The trigger hasn't gotten any better.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
how much have you shot it? mine - i think - has improved with use. probably have around 800 rds through it.

'Monty Python voice': It got better...

Big Grin

-----------------------------

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If I'm not going all the way to a Geissele SSA / SSA-E, the Bravo Company PNT trigger for around $62 is my choice.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Maybe break out the dremel and clean it up a bit? Big Grin

Seriously though, using a dremel with a soft cotton wheel and a polishing, non abrasive compound might be the way to go. NO GRINDING, just polishing- I wanted to be clear on that before the flamethrowers fires up...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Or do as I did and just shoot the hell out of it. After about 3K rounds my trigger became lighter and smoother with the wear. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I found this one for cheap. Haven't ordered it yet. Anyone have any experience with it?

AR Trigger

thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
I have a MP 15-22 and I agree the trigger is awful. It somehow got worse after sending it back to S&W because it suffered from burst fire.

I read about a guy on AR15.com who did solid work on AR triggers for a reasonable price (~$30). I shipped it off and when it came back it was night and day. Definitely not as nice as a Geissele or other $100+ triggers but for a .22 it's plenty good.

I may be in the minority but I don't believe my MP15-22 would benefit from an expensive trigger. I usually get 3-4MOA using cheap bulk .22 ammo. Maybe someone who is an avid .22 shooter and gets better quality ammo can weigh in.

ETA: Trigger work was done by Jay Emirzian for $34 (including upgraded springs and return shipping) back in Jan. of 2014. Don't know if he's still around or not but I try to support the smaller guys who offer great work at affordable prices.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post