SIGforum
M&P 15-22 Trigger

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4570052044

April 09, 2018, 04:39 AM
Fire Away
M&P 15-22 Trigger
I recently acquired a M&P 15-22. It is a hoot to shoot! However, the trigger sucks. Is it true that it can take any regular AR-15 trigger? If so, any suggestions for a quality, inexpensive trigger replacement? I'm looking at the ALG Defense ACT trigger. Any experience with it?

Thanks for any help.
April 09, 2018, 06:02 AM
badcopnodonut!!
The SW 15-22 is a great rifle. Yes, you can swap triggers. For a $100, the larue Tactical MBT is very hard to beat. https://www.larue.com/products...ical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.
April 09, 2018, 07:33 AM
Chowser
Larue MBT is great and has become my default AR trigger to install.

I had the ALG QMS in my 15-22 before I sold it. I forgot to take the QMS out but it did improve it. The ACT should be better than the QMS if you’re not going to go MBT

Not minority enough!
April 09, 2018, 08:06 AM
Sig209
how much have you shot it? mine - i think - has improved with use. probably have around 800 rds through it.

'Monty Python voice': It got better...

Big Grin

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
April 09, 2018, 10:52 AM
LDD
I put an Mega trigger & spare NiB coated hammer in mine, just because that's what I had laying around at the time.

They pins are standard dimension, so any competent standard dimension AR trigger will work in your 15-22, just depends on how much money you want to spend.

The 15-22 is a great little platform for down-scaled fun.
April 09, 2018, 11:15 AM
lkdr1989
IMHO, Tom's Tactical Premium trigger is as good as the ACT and it's cheaper at $50...just noticed they're $40 per, if you buy 2:

http://www.tomstactical.com/To...ger-Group_p_169.html

Right To Bear has Enhanced Nickel Teflon Trigger Assembly, I don't have any experience with them since they're still out-of-stock, $40 before shipping Frown:

https://www.righttobear.com/En...sembly-p/enta-01.htm

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
April 09, 2018, 11:55 AM
trickedtrix
I go a bit nuts on accessories - I put a giessele in mine, mags go quick...

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final
April 09, 2018, 11:57 AM
Fire Away
I have about 200 rounds through it. The trigger hasn't gotten any better.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
how much have you shot it? mine - i think - has improved with use. probably have around 800 rds through it.

'Monty Python voice': It got better...

Big Grin

-----------------------------

April 09, 2018, 12:57 PM
RHINOWSO
If I'm not going all the way to a Geissele SSA / SSA-E, the Bravo Company PNT trigger for around $62 is my choice.
April 09, 2018, 02:31 PM
gearhounds
Maybe break out the dremel and clean it up a bit? Big Grin

Seriously though, using a dremel with a soft cotton wheel and a polishing, non abrasive compound might be the way to go. NO GRINDING, just polishing- I wanted to be clear on that before the flamethrowers fires up...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
April 09, 2018, 03:01 PM
Chris Anchor
Or do as I did and just shoot the hell out of it. After about 3K rounds my trigger became lighter and smoother with the wear. Chris
April 09, 2018, 04:18 PM
Fire Away
I found this one for cheap. Haven't ordered it yet. Anyone have any experience with it?

AR Trigger
April 10, 2018, 01:56 PM
StayFrosty
I have a MP 15-22 and I agree the trigger is awful. It somehow got worse after sending it back to S&W because it suffered from burst fire.

I read about a guy on AR15.com who did solid work on AR triggers for a reasonable price (~$30). I shipped it off and when it came back it was night and day. Definitely not as nice as a Geissele or other $100+ triggers but for a .22 it's plenty good.

I may be in the minority but I don't believe my MP15-22 would benefit from an expensive trigger. I usually get 3-4MOA using cheap bulk .22 ammo. Maybe someone who is an avid .22 shooter and gets better quality ammo can weigh in.

ETA: Trigger work was done by Jay Emirzian for $34 (including upgraded springs and return shipping) back in Jan. of 2014. Don't know if he's still around or not but I try to support the smaller guys who offer great work at affordable prices.