SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I have an M1 Carbine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have an M1 Carbine Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Damn it. I want one of these.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Inherited this Winchester from my great uncle.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I got a re-parkerized and re-sprung mixmaster about 5-6 years ago from a gunsmith who had fallen on hard time. Shoots like a dream and maybe 1 FTE in 3-4k rounds through it. I put mine on a Choate pistol grip stock with front rail and Vortex SPARC red dot. Mine is a pure shooter.

As for magazines, I've got a few vintage ones, but the Korean ones are 100% reliable and cheap (a great combination). I use the 15-rounders almost exclusively, I just don't like the balance, esthetics, or the grip of the carbine with a 30-rounder.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the carbine! I have two, a 1942 Inland I bought when I turned 18 (1992) for $175 (In Massachusetts no less) and a 1944 Winchester I got from the CMP back when they had a bunch.

Here is my Inland in a repro paratrooper stock (looks good, but sucks to shoot lol). I have no idea how Capt. Nixon drank Vat 69, it tastes horrible! Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Here is my Inland in a repro paratrooper stock (looks good, but sucks to shoot lol). I have no idea how Capt. Nixon drank Vat 69, it tastes horrible! Smile

Man, nice Inland and even better deal on it. After Saving Private Ryan, and the WWII videogames it inspired, the prices on WWII stuff went nuts. Seems you hit a deal at the slump that preceded all that.

And yeah, Vat 69 is awful. I tried it years ago wondering what Nixon saw in it and concluded either the formula and process has changed since then or the guy just had a taste for cat piss whiskey. Goddamn Old Crow is better, Ulysses Grant had better taste than Nixon.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a really nice Standard Products M1 carbine, I only recent noticed it was not Springfield (barrel stamp) based on this discussion. The stuff you learn here....

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post