SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington X-Mark Pro trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington X-Mark Pro trigger Login/Join 
posted
So....though I might get lucky with a decent 3 pound trigger as advertised by Remington but no such luck. Backed the adjustment screw out to no avail. Even tried it backed out completely. Per my Lyman digital gauge, it still weighed over 5 pounds. Time for a Timney?

To all Veterans: your sacrifices are not forgotten. Your sacrifices are honored. Welcome home. For those not home yet, please know that many of us pray for your safe return soon.

Posts: 587 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: September 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Your experience is the same as mine. I spent some time with a friends rifle, turning that screw back and forth. Never did feel a difference in the trigger pull. A Timney is on the way for that rifle.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I experienced the same thing, looking for a new trigger too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
XMP is junk. Timney is a huge improvement.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier and it went into que after I edited it with a link to a vendor I used, apologies if that vendor isn't liked or for whatever I did to cause it as I honestly didn't know.

But yeah, change it to a Timney 510. It's literally a 10 minute job max, can be had for under $120 if you do some searching and really is a nice smooth trigger. My brother and a few friends swapped theirs after shooting my SPS, they were impressed at the difference.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timney sounds like the way to go but for our hard earned money, Remington needs to step up to the plate and give us what they advertise as "factory set at 3.5 lbs, user adjustable to 2.5"

On a positive note, I called Remington and they are sending a call tag. We'll see.......

To all Veterans: your sacrifices are not forgotten. Your sacrifices are honored. Welcome home. For those not home yet, please know that many of us pray for your safe return soon.

Posts: 587 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: September 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 308th_sps
posted Hide Post
I have a 35 year old Rem700 that developed trigger problems about 10 years ago. Rather than send it back to Remington, I put a Timney trigger in it. 2.5lbs. An outstanding trigger. No creep, no over-travel. Just "snap".

308th_sps

American by birth
Veteran by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I swapped to a Timney as well, after the Remington Recalls and safety warnings. It's not a difficult install.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
we put a Trigger-Tech trigger in a buddies 700.. hands down one of the nicest triggers I have ever pulled

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Have a 700 SPS Tac. The XMP adjusted from 4 pounds down to 4.5 pounds. lol I swapped it out for a Timney and adjusted it down to 2 pounds. Worthwhile upgrade for sure!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the Timney trigger safety block the trigger and not the sear?
Anyone know if the X-mark pro blocks sear or trigger?

Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
The Timney blocks the trigger only, I believe the XMP blocks both.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a Timney in place of an 'X-Mark Pro' that came with a Model 7. That X-Mark trigger just couldn't do it for me.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The best I could get out of my factory Remington trigger (not the X-Mark, an `80's vintage one) was about 4#. I put a Timney Calvin Elite in it for just over $200 and got it down to 1#. I had it down to 1/2#, but 1# is good for me.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have experience with the flat trigger shoe versions offered by Timney?
They look like they might distribute finger pressure more evenly. I plan on keeping thr trigger pull at 3 pounds.

posted Hide Post
I have one of the Timney triggers with the flat trigger shoes on a left hand CDL in 270. I like it. I was a little worried that consistent trigger finger placement on the trigger would be a problem but have not found it to be an issue. That said, it is easy to position the trigger finger higher or lower on the trigger as desired. It feels very different from curved trigger shoes and takes some getting used to.

The trigger shoe is broad but has a vertical texture to it such that it is not slippery. It fits perfectly within the stock trigger guard, the trigger dropped right in, no mods to the stock, etc.

I'm not going to change out all my triggers to the flat shoe but will consider another when I replace the crappy x-mark trigger (after I change out the crappy stock) on my 308 SPS.

It is a Timney so trigger break is outstanding.

Don

Posts: 13 | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Don!
I'm also thinking about dropping my sps into a Bell & Carlson or maybe a Mcmillan.

Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
I just got a 700 5-R in 300 Win, awesome rifle! The trigger is far better than my previous experience with the Xmark.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tenmm
Great to hear about your proper xmark
Got my 700 back from Remington and trigger tested at 3.8 pounds. Gonna try adjusting it down to 3.
Anyone have feedback on either the Magpul stock for the 700 or the Bell & Carlson?

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have a Timney in one of my AR's but in the Rem 700 5R it's a Jewell.
Fantastic trigger.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post