SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kriss Defiance .22 AR-ish fun-gun.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kriss Defiance .22 AR-ish fun-gun. Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
I finally got my paws on one of these fine-looking little rifles today, and I have to say that I am well-impressed for many reasons, not least of which is the fact that it appears to be made entirely of high-grade metallic substances, rather than any kind of polymer. I like it also that the heavy barrel is a REAL barrel, not a thin-walled tube with a shroud around it to make it LOOK like a heavy barrel. AND all the controls are for real.

The guy who owns it is rich enough to have a genuine Eotech something or other on it - whatever it was, I put a mag-full into under 3/4" at 50m.

I'm definitely in love, even for the nigh-on $1400 it costs here in yUK.

I might have to sell a gun I don't use much to do a 1-4-1 on my firearms certificate.

This version, BTW, had the full-length barrel shroud that almost, but not quite, hid the muzzle brake - another quality item.

Very nice, from one end to the other.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting rifle. But I recall posts from maybe a year ago, from an owner of a Kriss Defiance, who experienced a number of challenges with his Kriss.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was me. I think i had one of the first few put out. IIRC tippman makes them for kriss. I am not 100% on that. Last time I looked there were a number of small changes to the new ones compared to mine. Better feed ramp, stronger bolt catch lever.

Mine is now humming along. I did have to work on the feed ramp, and replace the bolt catch lever when it broke. I also usually run it with a can now, so I don't have much use for the comp. The comp was the original issue with my accuracy. It was shaving bullets.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a bit of a necro on the thread. this vid just came up a few days ago. Kriss did some rebranding.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I pulled mine out today. I put my Odessa 9 can on it. I ran through 600 rounds of ammo with only a couple of hitches. I attribute that to the ammo. Mostly a mix of whatever i had left over last fall when I loaded all the mags for it.

600 rounds fired stupid fast at my range with only 4or 5 failures. I am happy with that. Yeah I had to do some work on the feed ramp, I had to replace the bolt release. Overall I am quite happy with it now.