SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    picked up a Bergara Approach in a .308
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

picked up a Bergara Approach in a .308 Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
I want to mount my Steiner T5x 3-15x50 30mm scope on it. Has a Talley piccatiny rail on it. Have high Talley rings that I had on an AR10 but it's way too high on the rifle,How low can I go. Basically a Remmie 700 style action with a medium/heavy barrel.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Id bet lows would work with 50mm, Medium for sure.

Really comes down the ring mfg ans they all have their own height for "low"

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Low seems to be the way to go,thanks..

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d try for lows but mediums would work for sure. I had an area 419 rail with nightforce ultralight low rings and had about a centimeter is space using a 44mm scope so you’d probably be fine with lows.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post