SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MOLOT VEPR rifles just banned from import
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOLOT VEPR rifles just banned from import Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
The MOLOT VEPR AK47 rifles, are considered by some to be cream of the crop. Made in an actual Russian arms factory. Well now they appear to be banned from import, effective immediately. I'm so pissed right now. I was planning on buying one in the next week or two. Day late and a dollar short. I expect the very few that did make it into the country will be selling for $2500 or more in no time.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...anctions-looks-like/

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It was my long gun to buy this year, no kidding, it being banned has nothing to do with it. I watched Mr Guns and Gear's Youtube on it an hour ago and got pissed. I'm so tired of this shit. I got what I could last year in preparation for another election result, got my NFA crap done before they started requiring fingerprints and what not. I'm not made of money. Oh well, there is Arsenal left. If that goes away, then DDI. I guess my Vepr 12 just shot up in value, not like I give a damn about that as it isn't going anywhere.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For the record VEPR's are very good AK variations but they are heavy (Think RPK more than AK). I think Arsenal makes the better all around AK (Saiga).

Sucks none the less though.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is on truck out for delivery to my FFL today.

Scratch that, just got the call it was just delivered.

Should be able to pick it up by lunch.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/658937117

$899 doesn't seem terrible for the "cream of the crop" long gun.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's a heavy one, but fit and finish seem great.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I guess it's Arsenal and ARs from here on out for the upper end crowd. Damn. I was gonna get one of the 20" 7.62x39s literally at the start of next month. Ah, well, there'll be other things to shoot.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/658937117

$899 doesn't seem terrible for the "cream of the crop" long gun.

Look at the caliber. Most want X39

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, I may have snaked what I was after at a price I can live with. There's still a few things (depending on what you want) that are available on GunJoker, and it doesn't look like they're all being bid into the stratosphere just yet. Established shops (like k-var) are apparently all sold out.

As Prefontaine mentioned, though, look carefully at the caliber of the gun you're looking at. To this day you can still pick up an IZF single-shot rifle at CDNN - if, and only if, you're in the market for a .243 Winchester.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post