SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Savage A17 anyone else have one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage A17 anyone else have one Login/Join 
posted
Back in July/August I wanted something I had never shot, something new and my local pawn/gun shop had a new Savage A17. I bought it put a Nikon P-Tactical Rimfire 2-7 x32 and it is slowly becoming my favorite rimfire. Total setup up I am right at $450

I did have a couple of issues at first with cycling issues. I switched to CCI A17 which says it was developed for this particular rifle and it runs great. Every once in a while I get a little hiccup but nothing that major maybe me not keeping up with cleaning.

Longest shot so far has been at about 75 yards pretty good size armadillo dead on shot. I have really gotten into varmint and pest control with this rifle the last couple of months. Honestly its been a great stress reliever and gun is so much fun to shoot. I am not the best shot by any means and my groups are getting much better or should I say consistent groups.

Just wanted to share my joy on this rifle nothing special just something that is really fun to shoot and enjoy.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Mildly OT, but how do you like the Nikon? Those things seem to be priced pretty well these days.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am actually very happy with it, it has kept zero and haven't made any adjustments. I picked it up at Cabela's it was on sale for $89.99 the day I picked it up.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not yet, but on my list.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post