SIGforum
Savage A17 anyone else have one

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4530002664

February 03, 2020, 10:43 AM
harvey976g
Savage A17 anyone else have one
Back in July/August I wanted something I had never shot, something new and my local pawn/gun shop had a new Savage A17. I bought it put a Nikon P-Tactical Rimfire 2-7 x32 and it is slowly becoming my favorite rimfire. Total setup up I am right at $450

I did have a couple of issues at first with cycling issues. I switched to CCI A17 which says it was developed for this particular rifle and it runs great. Every once in a while I get a little hiccup but nothing that major maybe me not keeping up with cleaning.

Longest shot so far has been at about 75 yards pretty good size armadillo dead on shot. I have really gotten into varmint and pest control with this rifle the last couple of months. Honestly its been a great stress reliever and gun is so much fun to shoot. I am not the best shot by any means and my groups are getting much better or should I say consistent groups.

Just wanted to share my joy on this rifle nothing special just something that is really fun to shoot and enjoy.
February 03, 2020, 02:12 PM
Il Cattivo
Mildly OT, but how do you like the Nikon? Those things seem to be priced pretty well these days.
February 04, 2020, 09:13 AM
harvey976g
I am actually very happy with it, it has kept zero and haven't made any adjustments. I picked it up at Cabela's it was on sale for $89.99 the day I picked it up.
February 08, 2020, 10:21 PM
burnetma
Not yet, but on my list.