SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Are National match triggers for M1as worth getting?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are National match triggers for M1as worth getting? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Deciding on upgrades to current firearm which likely will need a new barrel at some point, but I was thinking maybe the lead times for that work will shrink what with the virus. Lives in a JAE chassis has unitized gas system, some other work. An option may be to spend that money on M1a in 6.5 creedmoor. For the price of a Fulton Armory M1a in 6.5 I could build a decent precision rifle though am old enough to make that a challenge and not anyplace where there is a decent range unless I drive over to Idaho. Decisions, decisions. And I keep wanting to replace the glass (range finding Springfield armory tube with bubble level). with a Leatherwood ART. Any M1a shooters here? I have an idea of what might be said at the M14 M1a Forum.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend the Shooting Sight adjustable trigger. I have two and have installed dozens for customers.

I can overhaul your rifle any way you like. I offer 6.5 CM Lothar Walther barrels.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
which version ART are you looking at?

once you have done a few, trigger jobs are easy (relatively speaking) for a M1A, and help, alot,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I highly recommend the Shooting Sight adjustable trigger. I have two and have installed dozens for customers.

I can overhaul your rifle any way you like. I offer 6.5 CM Lothar Walther barrels.

Tony.

Tony, ah you are one of the smiths I had in mind. let’s see how the bat stew flu plays out. I am thinking of staying 308, that said potential work on my M1as.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I sent my M1A to Fulton Armory around '96 or so and they did a great job of improving my SA trigger. I used it in Service Rifle competitions for a couple years.

Sadly it was stolen in a home burglary. It had a Brookfield Precision scope mount and NM sights. Luckily my Leatherwood Art II scope was not on it. Still have that scope and the hard deployment case for it.
Had a factory woodlands camo paint job on the GI figerglass stock. Dont see those anymore. Never unitized the gas block, it was on the list to do.

Miss that sexy beast. Thieves suck!

Stolen SN 65475

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
I sent my M1A to Fulton Armory around '96 or so and they did a great job of improving my SA trigger. I used it in Service Rifle competitions for a couple years.

Sadly it was stolen in a home burglary. It had a Brookfield Precision scope mount and NM sights. Luckily my Leatherwood Art II scope was not on it. Still have that scope and the hard deployment case for it.
Had a factory woodlands camo paint job on the GI figerglass stock. Dont see those anymore. Never unitized the gas block, it was on the list to do.

Miss that sexy beast. Thieves suck!

Stolen SN 65475

HK Ag

Sorry about your loss. I suspect that with an uptick in home invasions people are looking for firearms as well as money and food and toilet paper. Yeah I am sure that the Fulton match trigger is great. hmmmm. My range closed probably a good thing. I think is time to buy before will need a bucketful of federal reserve notes for a load of bread.

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
quote:

Tony.

Tony, ah you are one of the smiths I had in mind. let’s see how the bat stew flu plays out. I am thinking of staying 308, that said potential work on my M1as.

No problem. Let me know when you're ready and we can iron out the details.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

There are NM triggers, trigger jobs, and aftermarket triggers. I stump for the Shooting Sports triggers. They don't modify any parts and give a wonderful trigger.

Tony has installed several in my Match M-14's and I couldn't be happier. BUY/INSTALL with confidence.

Wes

Posts: 2413 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'd echo the others and say an upgraded trigger is definitely worth your time. I've used a couple different NM modded triggers and they are sweet. No experience on the SST but I trust the word here they are GTG.

It makes a substantial difference in breaking shots on the M14 rifle. In my mind any type of target shooting or grouping, it's mandatory. Shooting the irons on these rifles is about as good as it gets, and a nice trigger greatly improves that experience. Cannot be understated.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
quote:

Tony.

No problem. Let me know when you're ready and we can iron out the details.

Tony.

Great. I saw that shooting sights parts were out of stock. What I am thinking is getting the NM trigger group from Fulton and then sending off my SA triggers to you. That way I will have 3 across two guns. 3 if include M1a I gifted the boy many years ago that has damned few round through it. Depending on what economy does and how difficult it will be to ship under commie governor here will see about rebarreling my primary battle rifle in JAE chassis with unitized gas system.