SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Range report part 2 with LMT MWS.......with my own loads.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range report part 2 with LMT MWS.......with my own loads. Login/Join 
posted
Hello guys,

I loaded my first 308 ammo a few days ago and was able to test them yesterday. The gun is a LMT MWS with 3.5 power Trijicon TA11 with 308 BDC.

Loads were:

Hornady 168gr BTHP
44gr Varget
Win LRP
Win Brass Trimmed 2.005
OAL 2.79 - 2.80

Hornady 168gr BTHP
44.5gr Varget
Win LRP
Win Brass Trimmed 2.005
OAL 2.79 - 2.80

Hornady 168gr BTHP
42gr IMR 4064
Win LRP
Win Brass Trimmed 2.005
OAL 2.79 - 2.80

Hornady 168gr BTHP
43gr IMR 4064
Win LRP
Win Brass Trimmed 2.005
OAL 2.79 - 2.80

Shot #1 was from a cold barrel. I should have used it as a fouling shot as the next 4 shots using the 44gr of Varget went into the same hole. Not bad at all from a 3.5x optic. That will be my new load. The 43gr of 4064 did very good as well. To be honest, a higher power optic and getting around to changing out the factory trigger with my Larue MBT will have all those groups at MOA.

I am insanely impressed with the 44gr Varget load.

**I wrote IMR 4062 on the paper, but used 4064**

All groups were 5 shots at 100 meters.

Factory ammo for comparison: 168gr Federal Gold Medal SMK.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there really that much of a difference between an LMT trigger and a LaRue?

I have an LMT 2000 as my work gun, all the internals are stock, and I love that trigger.

I'm about 95% done with #2 LMT, with a MARS-L lower. The trigger seems pretty crisp and has a decent break out of the box. (Granted, I haven't put a round thru it yet) probably get a little better after it gets broken in a little.

Is there that much of a significant change from a stock trigger (on a higher end manufacturers) and a LaRue or a Geissele?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post