SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Reccomend a suppressor cover
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reccomend a suppressor cover Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Looking to upgrade my cover, what does everyone like?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have only one, made by Armageddon Gear, and I’m happy with it. I bought it because it was recommended (or at least sold) by Thunder Beast whose suppressor I have.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Cole Tac covers. The are great. Fast service and a greater product for the price.

https://www.cole-tac.com/produ...m-suppressor-covers/

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Rifles Only HAD. I've owned them all. Best one I've used to date.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Cole Tac are very nice. I have a couple of older ones.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
I bought an Armageddon Gear cover for my Thunder Beast Ultra 9 too and while the cover works well when it is on the suppressor, Mine slips forward no mater how tight or lose I make the bindings. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I shoot without a cover and use a battery powered fan to blow the heat waves away these days. Would not purchase another one.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Happy with my 2 Rifles only HADs for a 762 and 556 suppressor.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I went with a Bowers Group high temp silicone cover for the can on my Sbr.

I like that it does not slide around, it’s a lower profile than some others, and it’s not expensive.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cole Tac or Rifles Only HAD. I have both but prefer the strap arrangement of the Cole Tac vs. the cord crap on the HAD.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually like the cords on the HAD, I loop it through the rail to add a measure of security.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Why would you use one? (Serious question)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Suppressors get hot with use. My TBAC suppressor becomes almost too hot to hold after only five rounds of 308 Winchester ammunition. Hot suppressors in turn pose a burn hazard and the heat rising from them creates so-called “mirage” effects that interfere with clear views of the target.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, only use mine on a bolt gun so it doesn't have a high rate of fire.
When my other one gets out of jail it will be for my AR, it may get more use.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
While not from personal use if I’m not mistaken most Suppressor covers do not do well with heavy semi auto fire. Covers are designed more of the bolt action market with a lower rate of fire. Magpul has recently designed a cover to work with a higher rate of fire, but the size is limited. Most manufacturers will place on their page info concerning rate of fire etc.

Straight from Cole Tacs website

quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT HEAT:

Our suppressor covers are designed to mitigate mirage at moderate tempos. They are not meant to withstand rapid firing from semi-auto firearms. We have not found a cloth based cover that can withstand the high temperatures that come off of a fast round count suppressor.

Our covers are not mag-dump rated and will melt. We will not replace a cover that has been melted.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rifles Only HAD is rated for semi automatic AR15 fire.

Amat victoria curam
Picture of i8mtm
posted Hide Post
Manta Defense covers are the best out there IMHO.

https://mantadefense.com/

They stay put, keep you protected from burns, and can be cut to whatever size you need.

Posts: 486 | Location: Eastern PA | Registered: August 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Manta is ribbed for pleasure too! Big Grin

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have a Silencerco cover, I always just use it to take my suppressor off, kind of like an oven mitt.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will second the Bowers recommendation. I have two and would buy another if I was in the market. Great covers and reasonably priced if I remember correctly.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post