SIGforum
Reccomend a suppressor cover

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4490096644

September 05, 2018, 08:11 PM
WARPIG602
Reccomend a suppressor cover
Looking to upgrade my cover, what does everyone like?

September 05, 2018, 08:52 PM
sigfreund
I have only one, made by Armageddon Gear, and I’m happy with it. I bought it because it was recommended (or at least sold) by Thunder Beast whose suppressor I have.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
September 05, 2018, 09:00 PM
jsjac
I have a couple of Cole Tac covers. The are great. Fast service and a greater product for the price.

https://www.cole-tac.com/produ...m-suppressor-covers/
September 05, 2018, 09:12 PM
swage
Rifles Only HAD. I've owned them all. Best one I've used to date.
September 05, 2018, 09:45 PM
dry-fly
Cole Tac are very nice. I have a couple of older ones.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
September 05, 2018, 10:04 PM
henryrifle
I bought an Armageddon Gear cover for my Thunder Beast Ultra 9 too and while the cover works well when it is on the suppressor, Mine slips forward no mater how tight or lose I make the bindings. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I shoot without a cover and use a battery powered fan to blow the heat waves away these days. Would not purchase another one.

Henryrifle
September 06, 2018, 08:03 AM
RHINOWSO
Happy with my 2 Rifles only HADs for a 762 and 556 suppressor.
September 06, 2018, 09:27 AM
sjames
I went with a Bowers Group high temp silicone cover for the can on my Sbr.

I like that it does not slide around, it’s a lower profile than some others, and it’s not expensive.
September 06, 2018, 02:28 PM
l33571
Cole Tac or Rifles Only HAD. I have both but prefer the strap arrangement of the Cole Tac vs. the cord crap on the HAD.
September 06, 2018, 06:56 PM
RHINOWSO
I actually like the cords on the HAD, I loop it through the rail to add a measure of security.
September 06, 2018, 08:05 PM
MikeinNC
Why would you use one? (Serious question)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
September 06, 2018, 08:11 PM
sigfreund
Suppressors get hot with use. My TBAC suppressor becomes almost too hot to hold after only five rounds of 308 Winchester ammunition. Hot suppressors in turn pose a burn hazard and the heat rising from them creates so-called “mirage” effects that interfere with clear views of the target.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
September 06, 2018, 08:20 PM
MikeinNC
Thanks, only use mine on a bolt gun so it doesn't have a high rate of fire.
When my other one gets out of jail it will be for my AR, it may get more use.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
September 07, 2018, 06:00 PM
98XJRC
While not from personal use if I’m not mistaken most Suppressor covers do not do well with heavy semi auto fire. Covers are designed more of the bolt action market with a lower rate of fire. Magpul has recently designed a cover to work with a higher rate of fire, but the size is limited. Most manufacturers will place on their page info concerning rate of fire etc.

Straight from Cole Tacs website

quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT HEAT:

Our suppressor covers are designed to mitigate mirage at moderate tempos. They are not meant to withstand rapid firing from semi-auto firearms. We have not found a cloth based cover that can withstand the high temperatures that come off of a fast round count suppressor.

Our covers are not mag-dump rated and will melt. We will not replace a cover that has been melted.

September 07, 2018, 06:35 PM
RHINOWSO
Rifles Only HAD is rated for semi automatic AR15 fire.

September 07, 2018, 07:25 PM
i8mtm
Manta Defense covers are the best out there IMHO.

https://mantadefense.com/

They stay put, keep you protected from burns, and can be cut to whatever size you need.
September 07, 2018, 08:16 PM
RHINOWSO
Manta is ribbed for pleasure too! Big Grin
September 07, 2018, 10:39 PM
Tommydogg
I have a Silencerco cover, I always just use it to take my suppressor off, kind of like an oven mitt.

Beth Greene
September 08, 2018, 03:52 AM
Anubismp
I will second the Bowers recommendation. I have two and would buy another if I was in the market. Great covers and reasonably priced if I remember correctly.