SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Decision Made Thanks For Help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decision Made Thanks For Help Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The forearm mounted mag cut off makes the Nova the first choice for me. I have an 870, too since it was my first pump issued to as a cop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Sell both.
Buy Benelli M2.

This is the correct answer. I would add the Beretta 1301 Tactical (with bolt shroud kit) as an option as well.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highlander81:
Up here in Canada the Benelli has been popular as it was one of the first to supply factory 14” barrels on their guns. (Rules are a bit different up here.
1- difficult to accessorize
2- they just don’t smooth up....

Okay, #1 I agree with, the aftermarket for the SN isn’t even 10% what it is for the 870, still you can find some good parts.

You lost me with #2 though. The SN is so much smoother out of the box than any recent 870 it’s not even funny. Maybe y’all have gotten some defective one or something.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
I assume the 870 is an Express and you want to stay with a pump instead of an auto. Strip the accessories you added to the 870 tactical and sell them both. Then find a 870 Police Magnum and install your accessories onto it. Or sell all of it and get a Mossberg 590A1 in whatever flavor suits you and reconfigure it to your liking.

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a Benelli M2 Tactical a couple weeks ago (LGS had them on sale for $999).

Definitely of higher quality than my 870. Silky smooth everything.

Just got a GG&G weapon light mount for it today from Botach, who is/was blowing them out for only $10 shipped.

Posts: 313 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post