SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Decision Made Thanks For Help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decision Made Thanks For Help Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Thanks for your insights.

Question:
Question answered

Choices:
A

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Sell both.
Buy Benelli M2.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like both keep both, you can never have to many shotguns. If you absolutely have to get rid of one I'd keep the Benelli since in its current configuration its its rarer than the Remington and you can go out and buy a 870 any day of the week

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I voted 870, I just really like them and shoot them well.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Had both kept Beneli longer. Both great guns

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Benelli all day everyday

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
870 any day over the Nova. If talking semi's, Benelli any day over any Remington semi.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the Benelli. I have the same Remington as you and like others have said it’s. Good gun but easily replaceable.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd keep the 870, it isn't like the Nova is a rare collectors item.

The aftermarket support for the 870 is huge and it is simple to make into one heck of a HD shotgun. Or, as previously suggested, sell 'em both and get a semi!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Benelli all day everyday

+1 I have 2 Benelli's An HK import Super 90 and an M3.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Benelli option would be a much clearer choice if it was a M1, M2, M3, or M4, but it’s not. It’s a pump action SuperNova that, while nice, in not in the same ballpark as a Benelli semiauto, as well as being much cheaper. Regarding the “LE” version of the SuperNova, is it the full length single tube, or the screw on mag extension? If it’s the screw on extension, that doesn’t make it very special. You can easily get Nordic Comp or even factory Benelli mag extensions and extend the original 5 round tube. The factory one-piece mag tube is more valuable IMHO. LE Benellis aren’t particularly rare. Although they aren’t supposed to be sold to civilians, some people do. I picked up a NIB factory LE M4 with the extended mag and functional collapsible stock from a dealer at a gun show recently. Since someone else “converted” the Benelli, you don’t have to worry about 922r because the other person “manufactured” it.

All that said, in pump vs pump, plus the fact that someone else put the extended mag on the Benelli, I’d choose Benelli over the 870.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Oh the two I'd say the SN. I have the same SuperNova and it is by far the best pump shotgun I've ever shot.

As Dwill states, the added capacity isn't specifically LE only, but it is very rare. Though the ability to build a 922r compliant SN exists, it's difficult/if-not impossible to track down the necessary parts.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Having two essentially identical functional shotguns seems superfluous. I am trying to bring my life to a state of minimalism.

Two is one, and one is none. --Gautama Buddha

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since no one has pitched "buy a Mossberg" yet.....(kidding, kidding) For the poll I said keep the Benelli but I'd say keep both. 2 shotguns is better than one. I'm currently at about 6 to 8 12 ga's now, but like you, I dumped some to try and streamline my life a bit and probably still have too many. Why would a person need both a Mossberg Mariner and a Mossberg 500 when they have a 870 Wingmaster? Very similar shotguns. Just too much stuff, you can't ever go shoot it all. I had 4 Vepr 12s at once for instance. Just too much.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Sell both.
Buy Benelli M2.

^^^^^^^^^^^
This - with the 18” barrel or if you want a 22” barrel, then buy the Remington Versa Max Tactical Competition.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
An Urbino stock and a mag tube extension? Am I missing something? The "LE" version of the Nova that you describe seems to be something that anyone could put together.

If you really like the Urbino stock, you can get one for the 870.
If it was me, I would keep the 870 as it has the widest variety of aftermarket accessories available for it. If you want Ghost ring sights, you can get a top mount rail that will screw into the receiver and have an integral ghost sight.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Keep both. You can't have too many good shotguns.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it has an Urbino stock, it’s not really a “LE” Model. The real factory ones have the Benelli PG stock, which has a longer LOP. A SN with a Urbino stock and a mag extension is just a SN with an Urbino stock and a mag extension, not a LE model.

Whether the person who put that stuff on your SN also put other 922r parts on there isn’t your problem since it’s a manufacturing offense, not a possession offense.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would keep the 870. My "tactical" shotgun is an 870 with an 18.5 inch cylinder bore barrel loaded with 5 shells of #3 buck. BTW, that is a total of 80 thirty caliber balls and that should stop at least two assailants.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Up here in Canada the Benelli has been popular as it was one of the first to supply factory 14” barrels on their guns. (Rules are a bit different up here. We go by overall length of the pump shotgun. A 14” is just a shotgun). I’ve many friends with them and my observations based on shooting several and conversations with owners are:
1- difficult to accessorize
2- they just don’t smooth up....
3- when owners of them shoot their Benelli and then an equivalent Mossberg 590a1 or Rem 870, they seem to purchase a Rem or Mossberg soon after.

Keep the 870 is my vote.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post