SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR15 arts and crafts camo project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR15 arts and crafts camo project Login/Join 
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted
I dinged up my latest build a little during assembly so I figured I'd try a camo paint job. Ive picked up 4 camo colors from Home Depot so I'm ready to go. Any words of wisdom before I get started?

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Take your time on preparation, fully cleaning and degreasing all the surfaces that will be painted, and carefully taping off any areas you don't want paint to go. Extra time spent on prep will pay off in your final results.

Also, be careful where you spray. You may not want to do it outdoors if it's windy, and you don't want to do it in your garage next to your parked car either. (Ask my stepson, who had to spend an afternoon detailing my black truck after he got a bunch of little flecks of baby blue overspray on it while working on a project. Big Grin)

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post