SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rem Tac-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem Tac-14 Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
So I just bought one of these things today.
Am sitting here wondering if I can put a VFG on it.
It's not a "shotgun" or a "pistol" as far as legalities go.. would putting a VFG on it turn it into an AOW perhaps?
How about an AFG?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Adding a foregrip makes it an AOW. It and the Mossberg Shockwave were specifically designed as they are to fit within Federal law. Adding a foregrip, a stock, or doing anything that would shorten OAL will place the weapon within existing NFA definitions.

I've got a Shockwave. I view it as basically a SBS starter kit until the stamp comes back.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Yeah that's about what I figured.
Just wanted a 2nd opinion Frown

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Ugh. I've had a deposit on one since may and no word on delivery.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Ugh. I've had a deposit on one since may and no word on delivery.

Damn... they had 2 of them at my LGS

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Adding a foregrip makes it an AOW. It and the Mossberg Shockwave were specifically designed as they are to fit within Federal law. Adding a foregrip, a stock, or doing anything that would shorten OAL will place the weapon within existing NFA definitions.

I've got a Shockwave. I view it as basically a SBS starter kit until the stamp comes back.

No. You can add a vertical foregrip. Remember this is legal because it's over 26" and is not a pistol or a shotgun. Now I don't know of any rear grip that will give you the length to be over 26" so I would not change the rear grip out to any other and will all should know that's it's not legal to put a stock on it without doing a form 1 to make it a SBS.

I too bought mine to turn into a SBS and have already filed my form-1.

Posts: 634 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post