SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    School me on AR15 magazines...(EDIT)...LANCER magazine now on sale at Brownells $129.99 for 10 w/ free shipping.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School me on AR15 magazines...(EDIT)...LANCER magazine now on sale at Brownells $129.99 for 10 w/ free shipping. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
I gave up on Brownells after they let me down:

No matter which betamax cassette I put it, they all play the same song.

Yeah, it hurts when they lie to you.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
When you guys use the term, "stocking up on mags", how many mags are we talking? I have about 30 and I have the feeling that is chump change!

Uh... About 100 mags or so, between 30 and 20 rounders...

As to the OP, Lancer mags are high quality. If you can get them for the same price, or close to the same price as pMags, then get them.

pMags are also gtg, and you should get a bunch of them too.

I also have a bunch of alum GI mags too. Get them with the anti tilt followers and stack 'em deep.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
When you guys use the term, "stocking up on mags", how many mags are we talking? I have about 30 and I have the feeling that is chump change!

For many years I thought 30 mags was a really high inventory. I probably had 15-20 and all was good.

Then I started training harder, and had a few mags fail from stupid things -- dropping mags on concrete & breaking feed lips, having mags run over by vehicles, having one mag shell being incorrectly sized & thus wouldn't drop free from my carbine. Add to this a potential magazine and/or AR-15 ban in my state, laws which was ultimately changed to just a 15-round magazine limit.

So I ended up buying a boat load of mags before the mag capacity limits went into effect. I now own enough AR mags that I can destroy a couple each year without batting an eye. In other words, I have too many of them.

You should consider your own needs, and the possibility of legislative action. Then you must decide when enough is enough. My stock is definitely over 100. I don't recommend owning this many magazines.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its a rare day when I don't agree with fritz. But the amount of mags you own starts with the amount of guns that take those mags and then goes to how often you destroy them and then the odds of getting replacements and at what cost. I am still suffering mentally from the cost of preban mags and AR's back in the ban when you needed them for matches (and don't talk to me about the $150 glock preban mags that I bought in those days either). My stock is definitely over 100 and with today's prices I would add more whenever I had the chance. Good GI mags can be had for $7. 100 of them is $700 which is about the price of any decent AR. We are in a golden era about AR stuff. Buy as many as you can afford. They don't have any storage issues, they don't depreciate and one day you may need them.
FWIW I don't do too much training or too many matches but I do manage to break about 10/year. I pretty much have set a limit on what price I will pay for various mags. When I can get the Lancers under $12 (translucent) I'm a buyer. Above that no.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms has Lancers on sale up to 35% off right now.

http://www.primaryarms.com/Sal...What_You_Wanted_Sale

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post