SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Just bought a real Winchester 1887
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just bought a real Winchester 1887 Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I love these things. My first one was one of the Chinese ones. Then I got an Italian (Race car version), now I found a REAL Winchester 1887 with a 32" barrel at a great price. Screws don't look buggered up. I should have it Wednesday and will post pictures.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
ohhhh what caliber??

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
ohhhh what caliber??

12 gauge

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Im excited for you!! I would still (settle for) love a clone someday!!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
It was made in 1892.

PorterN, I'd be happy to help you with that. Just stay away from the "PW 87" models. They are problematic.

Pick up a Chiappa (expensive but worth it), or an IAC, good quality, but it is a "Ford" compared to a "Ferrari".

I am sure that I'll spend several hundred more to get this one running right.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I got to handle one in Ten gauge back in NC...someone in the past had cut the barrel back about four inches...other than that, it was a beautiful piece of work.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I got to handle one in Ten gauge back in NC...someone in the past had cut the barrel back about four inches...other than that, it was a beautiful piece of work.

They are neat shotguns. I have 2 now (IAC and Chiappa).

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Are you going to shoot modern ammo in it or go with the vintage lower pressure shells available?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Are you going to shoot modern ammo in it or go with the vintage lower pressure shells available?

I'm going to shoot very low powered smokeless loads through it.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

posted Hide Post
Neat, I want one every time I watch The Mummy.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m definitely jealous of you. I love that shotgun. I’d be happy with a repo and can’t even imagine owning a real one. I can’t wait to see pictures.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I’m definitely jealous of you. I love that shotgun. I’d be happy with a repo and can’t even imagine owning a real one. I can’t wait to see pictures.

We need to get together some time and take them to the range.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I would love to take you up on that offer, and should have come see you shoot a long time ago. Unfortunately this Saturday I’ll be loading up the truck and heading south to Florida.

Thanks for the offer though, pictures will have to suffice for now Wink

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post