SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ unless you have some state issues to deal with. Like if you a live in WA.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
^^^ unless you have some state issues to deal with. Like if you a live in WA.

Yea verily, that's why I keep buying lowers.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Not seeing a "panic"...but lower part kits as well as BCG parts are cheap and available right now (and have been in the almost three years since LDD posted this thread)...remember the often quoted proverb/poem...

"For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail."

It's quiet now and like Dwill104 said...people are still quite capable of being "stupid" Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are still deals out there right now to be found. I just purchased a NIB S&W M&P AR-15 Sport 2 for $454 out the door and had I the funds I would have purchased the Ruger AR556 he sold for $430...

Was only looking for a complete AR lower when I ran up on these AR’s and Ms. Sigarmsp226 gave me permission to pull a little from our savings to make this purchase.....Now is the time guys to buy...IMO.....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I saw where Primary has Anderson lowers for $29 for the next 24 hours.

Guess Kav’s confirmation will keep the salad days rolling!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two , new in the box , unfired AR's sitting in the safe waiting on the next panic . All of the logically written articles in the world will not stop a panic once it get's started .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased this latest AR for my Grandson who is 6 years old right now with plans on giving it to him later in life because my concern is that when he gets to be 20+ years old - AR’s may be banned or to expensive to purchase....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Seems that there’s a mini-panic on for pistol self defense ammo...

I’ve seen where Vista has stated that they’re holding distributors to their policy of selling 50 rd boxes of Federals HST, Speer GD, etc only to LE, leaving only the 20 rd boxes with the nearly $1/rd price tag for the rest of us.

Bone Frog Gun Club sent out an email to this effect.

I’d encourage everyone to fire an email off to Federal.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I saw that.

Glad I did my annual case of HST buy. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I saw that.

Glad I did my annual case of HST buy. Wink

The email/news hit me at a bad time. Low on my favorite load...124 GD +p...so I grabbed half a case. Tracking just hit my inbox. Should last long enough for Federal to come to their senses!

posted Hide Post
I couldn't find my preferred 147+P HST the last couple of weeks, so I went back to 124gr+P HST (which I have used in the past). I still have a couple hundo of the 147s on my shelf, so I'm good either way.

posted Hide Post
And the problem with this is that it extends past the price argument. Certain loads just won't be available if this sticks.

I like Gold Dot +P+ 115 grn. Only available to cops in the 50 round packages as far as I can tell. 20 round boxes are a no go.

I guess I can always hope this rule enforcement doesn't affect their entire product line. Maybe then I could still get the 9BPLE +P+ round.

This brings back a bit of the bitterness of the magazine ban days. No standard cap mags for the beggars. Only if you are a cop or .gov.

Big bummer.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I couldn't find my preferred 147+P HST the last couple of weeks, so I went back to 124gr+P HST (which I have used in the past). I still have a couple hundo of the 147s on my shelf, so I'm good either way.

Rhino - Not in stock right now but they usually are not out of stock for long and their pricing is still really good....Mark

https://www.sgammo.com/product...mmo-p9hst4-high-pres

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:

Rhino - Not in stock right now but they usually are not out of stock for long and their pricing is still really good....Mark

https://www.sgammo.com/product...mmo-p9hst4-high-pres
Thanks, sgammo is my go to usually - I buy probably 75% of my stuff there but they bumped their in stock 124gr HST up to $29.99 per 50. BFC has them for $19.99.

Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
And the problem with this is that it extends past the price argument. Certain loads just won't be available if this sticks.

I like Gold Dot +P+ 115 grn. Only available to cops in the 50 round packages as far as I can tell. 20 round boxes are a no go.

I guess I can always hope this rule enforcement doesn't affect their entire product line. Maybe then I could still get the 9BPLE +P+ round.

This brings back a bit of the bitterness of the magazine ban days. No standard cap mags for the beggars. Only if you are a cop or .gov.

Big bummer.

The good news here is, since ammo is not serialized like a firearm nor is there any real documentation, our friends in the LE community are free to help us out with properly priced 50rd boxes instead of the inflated prices on the 20rd boxes.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
BFC has them for $19.99.

BFC? Curious...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
BFC has them for $19.99.

BFC? Curious...

Bone Frog?

https://www.bonefroggunclub.com

If one does not mind paying full price for something that is law enforcement only, ammotogo has 50 round boxes.

Still cost a pretty penny though.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

posted Hide Post
Yeah Bone Frog Club

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Big bummer.

The good news here is, since ammo is not serialized like a firearm nor is there any real documentation, our friends in the LE community are free to help us out with properly priced 50rd boxes instead of the inflated prices on the 20rd boxes.

I appreciate the positive attitude, and am surely not giving up. I want my fast shit I look no further than Underwood.

My thing is , I'm pissed like I was in the 90's begging and pleading with family and friends to sell high cap (standard cap) mags for my Glocks.

Raise prices a bit? Fine. Capitalism. Cut off all sales just because? Fuck you and the reloader you rode in on.

They completely ignored the "rules" when folks were broke.

Now there is excess cash to buy shit like ammo and all of a sudden there is an issue.

Capitalism works both ways.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks highroundcount and RHINOWSO.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post