SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The LGS chain I work for has been moving a lot of ammunition, and defensive handguns have been moving briskly. Every CWP class I have taught in the past three weeks has been within 1/2 of capacity.

If you lived through Obama and are panic buying, that's on you. My one purchase in the past couple of months has been an SP5, because I got a great deal and I wanted the real deal in case German or U.S. governments got in the way of more imports.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Looks like Cheaper Than Dirt is already up to their old tricks. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I put off restocking 9mm that I've been shooting a lot lately. I've got plenty of reserves, but I'm kind of kicking myself that I don't have a couple of cases unopened in "free to shoot" status.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ahhh diversity......the spice of life. If they have damn near any caliber I am good and if not.....ehhh I probably have a box or 10.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Only an amateur would be stocking up now.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

For realz.

I haven't bought anything gun related for about 6 months. I even tappered off the ammo purchases, gets hard trying to find space to store it!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I can't believe they are panic buying guns and ammo over a virus. I've been stocked up for years now and have to panic buy nothing but I have been shopping for a M1 Garand.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

For realz.

I haven't bought anything gun related for about 6 months. I even tappered off the ammo purchases, gets hard trying to find space to store it!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Same here, I ran out of space... when it was quiet. Cool

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

This is from 8:10am today: MAY THEY ROT IN HELL

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:

I honestly think it's funny as hell.

There is no impending gun control.

There is no impending anything.

People who are stupid enough to buy a case of $175 9MM for $700 deserve to be parted with their money.

They are fucking FOOLS.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
In Daytona this weekend FGE was hopping, panic buying and the sale they had going on, plenty of guns and ammo.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:

*snort*

CTD isn't "cheaper than dirt" on its best day. Personally, I no longer even check there, and haven't for some time.

quote:

True, but I seem to have developed a knack for bringing a new caliber on board at the worst possible times. Bought my first 9mm handgun in 2008 and bought my first 10mm handgun just a month ago

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
CTD web page is up and down, while it was up I was able to confirm they have 750 rounds of 9mm in box Winchester at $434, 50 round boxes for $35 a box.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahahaha. Apparently I have 30k worth of ammo.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Hahahaha. Apparently I have 30k worth of ammo.
You too? Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
CTD should’ve died a long time ago but obviously there are people that still buy from them.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Yep, stock market is down, ammo is up.

I was in the Walmart next door to my work this morning ... still plenty of ammo on the shelves, normal prices.

As to CTD ... someone needs to file a price gouging suit against them.

They share the same sentiment as Clinton and Obama ... "Let no crisis go to waste"

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
True, but I seem to have developed a knack for bringing a new caliber on board at the worst possible times. Bought my first 9mm handgun in 2008 and bought my first 10mm handgun just a month ago

You’ve had it for a whole month and you don’t have ten cases laid in? What SGAmmo and Target Sports America don’t ship to Michigan? Smile

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not that difficult, nor extensive. Fill out Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS), pay for the gun and the DROS, wait at least 10 days (the DROS paperwork spells it out down to the second), but not more than 30 (again down to the second), then go back and pick up. If you fail to pickup before thirty days, fill out the paperwork again, pay for the re-DROS, then the 10/30 day clock starts again. Fun and games in the PRK.

Yeah, but the media has led them to believe they order a machine gun online and have it delivered to their house.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post