SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As always LDD, great work and deeply appreciated. The message to all is clear. The time to buy is right NOW.

Posts: 1042 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Why now?
There is no threat of things getting banned ...
... and besides, prices are artificially deflated!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 4161 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
The shooting range was packed, line waiting for empty lanes

that's been the norm for the past for some time. Go in the middle of the week and you walk right in.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 4376 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Why now?

Having panic bought a VEPR recently, I would urge all to heed this. Fortunately, prices for items on GB when the panic started didn't catch up with the panic prices elsewhere for a few days.

And don't forget ammo, either!

Posts: 20323 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If it weren't for my lack of employment, I would be spending a lot of money at PSA. Their daily e-mails on rifle deals are just amazing. Vortex and 10 PMAGS for $170?

Ammo, besides .22lr, is as cheap as I remember seeing it.

Are reloading supplies/component prices down as well?

Edmond

Posts: 8298 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Why now?

Yep. Hoping and praying things stay this way through November, when I'll have funds freed up for some longtime purchases and the holiday sales start cropping up.

I think this holiday season will be everybody's big push. Clear out all the remaining pre-election stock, get your losses deducted on this year's tax returns, drive on. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see prices begin to rebound following New Year's. This can't last forever.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 4903 | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post