SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 10/22 experts, step on in, need some advice.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 experts, step on in, need some advice. Login/Join 
posted
I've had a handful of Ruger 10/22's over the past few years. I currently have a 10/22 Carbine. I'm looking at a "Take-Down" for my next little toy.

Sure, I can go BUY one, but where's the fun in that?!? (It's a 10/22, Lego sets are harder to put together Wink )

A few of my requirements are:
-Bull barrel
-Synthetic/plastic stock (leaning toward Hogue or Magpul)
-Take-Down model
-leaning towards stainless steel

I'm not looking for a $1000 sub-moa tac-driver, just a decent plinker out to 50, 75 yards.

Probably going to stick with a Ruger receiver and bolt.

Tactical Solutions has a nice setup, however I know nothing about the company or products. Are they any good? (The one I'm looking at comes with a barrel and Hogue Take-Down stock)

I know Volquartson is at the top of the 10/22 list, I might go with one of their triggers.

Anything else I should know? Any other decent companies out there?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking at doing the same thing. I was looking to go with a Magpul stock, a Volquartsen trigger and their carbon fiber barrel. The Magpul stock Volquartsen barrel is very similar in cost to the TS setup. And every Volquartsen I have shot has been very accurate. Plus I believe it is lighter and has a picatinny rail installed on the top of barrel as well.

https://volquartsen.com/depart...ruger-10-22-takedown

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.cdnnsports.com/rug...er-mica-thread.html?

cdnnsports.com
Currently running a special for $299.99, for a takedown with a threaded barrel, regular 439.00. And the deal includes a free 3-9x40 Scope and rings.

I might need another for that price!

Posts: 143 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Any other decent companies out there?

I built my 10/22 with parts and accessories from Kidd Innovative Design. I don't believe they offer a take-down barrel, though you may find some other goodies you can't live without.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
5 shot group of suppressed Gemtech subsonic at 50 yards from a stock Take-down. I see no need to put fancy (and expensive) triggers or anything else into it. It shoots just fine as is.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of different options out there....my advice is www.rimfirecentral.com mucho mucho information.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
If you aren’t doing an optic, tech-sights are awesome

https://www.tech-sights.com/ruger-products/

I don’t want an optic on mine for plinking with these

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger 10/22s always turns into a $1000 gun.

I have several with the MagPul stock. The adjustments are nice for length of pull and cheek rest height.

Most of mine have the Kidd trigger job kits in them. They are very easy to install and have a great pull.

Tech-sights are great for standard barrels. They do make an adapter for bull barrels.

Not sure about takedown barrels. That is the one model that I do not have.

A 10/22 with a MagPul stock, tech-sights, and a Kidd trigger will be lots of fun.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
Ruger 10/22s always turns into a $1000 gun.

Yeah, after looking at what some of you have, I'm finding out that I'm probably going to have a $1000 .22lr...

Why, oh why can't I just be satisfied with an out of the box, stainless 10/22!!!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've got a stainless 10-22 with the manlicher stock. I replaced the trigger group with a volquartsen trigger group. Now it's perfect.

OTOH! I took a blued 10-22 to the bones and put a hogue stock, tactical solutions threaded 16" barrel and a VQ trigger in it....several hundred dollars later...it's perfect too!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post