SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Apparently, Weaver is selling riflescopes again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently, Weaver is selling riflescopes again Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I got a paper Natchez Shooter's Suppply January catalog in the mail and on p. 17 "New" Weaver scopes.

Sur enough, on Weaver's website, the same scopes:

https://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
3-9×40: “Classic” is right.

Is it my imagination, or has interest in precision rifle shooting resulted in more associated products hitting the market in recent times? I was surprised, for example, when Brownells came out with their own scopesight line.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I have four of the Classic series in different sizes. Have been using them for over twenty years. No complaints!!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Somebody buy one and report back. Wonder where they're made. Bushnell bought them some time ago and stopped production. Given their price, likely China or the Philippines (though the Philippines can produce some damned good scopes).

I've had a few Weavers and they were all good scopes. From a 2-7 rimfire scope that turned my Marlin Model 39A into a squirrel death ray, to an ancient K4 on a Mannlicher Schoenauer that still holds zero since the mid 1950s.

https://outdoors.natchezss.com...-scopes?format=brand

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 15 years ago, I was dragged to a yard sale. In a box with some other junk was a Weaver 3x9 scope. 10 bucks! Still holds zero nicely and I an guessing it was made in the 60s. I wonder if the new ones will hold up that well.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Only similarity between your Weaver and the new ones is the name on the side.

It’s like resurrecting a car brand, yes the logo on the back is the same, but there is no connection.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly I didn't realize that they had stopped.

Over recent years we've been getting in rifle/scope bundles from Savage, Ruger and perhaps even Remington and have occasionally had Weaver scopes as part of their packages.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post