SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
AndyB, question for you if you don't mind regarding the retractable stock on the APC. Do the metal stock arms come into contact with the sides of the reciever and create wear from opening and closing? Just wondering before going sbr and I get too carried away with buying various stock options. Thanks.

It touches ever so slightly on the left side near the cross. I think thats more to do with holding it in the right hand while extending putting some side pressure on it. It doesn't seem to touch anywhere else. I've extended it more than a couple hundred times at this point either shooting or just messing around. I'll try and get a photo soon, really only visible in direct light. The stock is too cool for it to bug me Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I figured you'd have the answer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andyb, on your Zenith Z5P, what all was required to sbr? Looking on one of the vendor sites it mentions they have all the parts to make it 922 compliant. Many parts to replace or just add a stock once the stamp comes back?

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06wrb:
Andyb, on your Zenith Z5P, what all was required to sbr? Looking on one of the vendor sites it mentions they have all the parts to make it 922 compliant. Many parts to replace or just add a stock once the stamp comes back?

There are a few to replace, I don't remember the number though. I would run a search on the HKPro forum.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...-Parts-922r-c235.htm

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Wish we had this one available.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for you B&T owners. Why choose the APC9 over the KH9? Also, how does the .45 ACP compare to the 9mm in these B&T's?

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel96:
Question for you B&T owners. Why choose the APC9 over the KH9? Also, how does the .45 ACP compare to the 9mm in these B&T's?

The KH9 was intended as a "hobby" gun by a gentleman at B&T (Karl's Hobby 9) whereas the APC9 was intended for more serious use. The KH9 also does not have a safety only a decocker. I don't own a KH9, but may someday. I would go APC9 unless the Spectre-esque KH is too much of a draw Wink

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The KH is also a little more expensive but you get two magwell parts to change between Spectre mags and B&T mags. If you have any of those 50 rd mags from the Spectre then you'll have a nice piece to use with those mags. I really would like one of those GHM9 models in addition to my APC. Saw one of those KHM9's when I bought mine.

posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the proprietary B&T can on a TP9? I love the look of that whole package but cant seem to find any feedback on how it performs.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucken91:
Has anyone tried the proprietary B&T can on a TP9? I love the look of that whole package but cant seem to find any feedback on how it performs.

Does it only fit the TP9 or will it also fit the SPP?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by Brucken91:

Does it only fit the TP9 or will it also fit the SPP?

As far as I know only the TP9, since the SPP/TMP didn't use the odd oversized 3-lug system.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I haven't seen one and didn't know it was a 3-lug attachment ... but I have a SPP, so if the HPA passes I'd be interested.

On another note, I shot a friends MPX yesterday ... He had replaced the trigger with a CMMG? 3.5 flat bow trigger, while the trigger was nice, overall I wasn't too impressed, it was just OK ... I wish I knew someone with a BT APC9; while I don't find it a particularly attractive weapon, it does seems to have favorable reviews from people here I respect.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Thanks, I haven't seen one and didn't know it was a 3-lug attachment ... but I have a SPP, so if the HPA passes I'd be interested.

On another note, I shot a friends MPX yesterday ... He had replaced the trigger with a CMMG? 3.5 flat bow trigger, while the trigger was nice, overall I wasn't too impressed, it was just OK ... I wish I knew someone with a BT APC9; while I don't find it a particularly attractive weapon, it does seems to have favorable reviews from people here I respect.

If you're ever in The area of Knoxville, Chattanooga, or in between give me a shout and you can run mine. Had a SPP in the early to mid 90's. Ridiculously accurate.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer ... if I make it out that way I'll let you know!

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thought this thread needs a new breath of fresh air so back up with a picture.

MRO cover on the APC

posted Hide Post
Great thread. I have a APC45 that I want to use with my Tirant 45. Has anybody figured out how to do this? I'm waiting on a spare barrel to thread and "barrel tool" for removal from B&T, but not sure it's ever coming.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the Omega MP5 clone from Atlantic Firearms. I should be able to pick it up from the ffl Wednesday.
I haven't been this excited/anxious for a gun in a long time.

This will complete my military issued collection, that is, the civilian versions of all the firearms I had weapons cards for while I was in.
This includes:
M16-a2 (I built an 20" AR for this one)
M-9
Mossberg 590 (with heat shield and bayonet lug)
MP-5n

Now I've got plenty of other firearms that get more range time, but there is a certain familiarity with these. They all hold a special place in my heart, and to finally get the last piece is a relief. I want to build a display case for them that includes my uniform, but that'll be a ways down the road.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
I just ordered the Omega MP5 clone from Atlantic Firearms. I should be able to pick it up from the ffl Wednesday.
I haven't been this excited/anxious for a gun in a long time.

This will complete my military issued collection, that is, the civilian versions of all the firearms I had weapons cards for while I was in.
This includes:
M16-a2 (I built an 20" AR for this one)
M-9
Mossberg 590 (with heat shield and bayonet lug)
MP-5n

Now I've got plenty of other firearms that get more range time, but there is a certain familiarity with these. They all hold a special place in my heart, and to finally get the last piece is a relief. I want to build a display case for them that includes my uniform, but that'll be a ways down the road.

Nice collection! Marine MP?

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Post lotsa pictures when you get it in. Should be a fun shooter.

Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
Nice collection! Marine MP?

Security Force... glorified mall guard, but got to play with some cool shit Cool

If I ever hit the lotto, I'll get the good stuff (happiness is a warm belt fed after all!) but for now I'm content with this.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post