SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I hear you kimberkid. I’m 51 in a month. My wife is supportive and likes buying me fun stuff sometimes and who am I to say no. I don’t have any full autos yet. I have some friends that would help my wife sell my stuff if she needed/wanted to upon my passing. I don’t have nearly the shooting collection as many here. The B&T stuff is so worth it. They are the straitest shooting, fun to shoot goodies I have followed by my several Sphinx pistols and Scar17S. The GHM9 shoots and handles just as nicely as the APC9.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Thanks 10X-Shooter!

You and Andy ... and the other guys with the BT's especially the APC9 are really making me wish I were younger ... not that 60 is old, but no one else in the family is into shooting ... at all, and I can't see dropping that kind of coin on another 9mm. Also, I don't want my wife or daughter to be taken advantage of over my firearms. I've already started to thin the herd and sell off some of my non-NFA toys ... and I'm hopefully done with any more NFA unless its a machine-gun that I can't afford to say no to.

I keep an FFL book with prices paid, all accessories etc. along with the serial numbers. Maybe even add photos.
One of those combined with your invisible friends here if they ever needed us would serve them well I think!

Consider the GHM9, it'll be like dipping your big toe in the B&T honey. You'll come back for the hive though Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3575 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M4Super90:
You know, if B&T made an SD pistol version that had a 3-lug instead of a ported barrel, I'd be all over that! I wonder if that's just a sleeve over the normal pistol receiver and it can be purchased separately?

I'm with you, I'd love one of these with a standard 3-lug. This setup basically adds another $1400 to the cost of the gun due to needing another suppressor.

Plus, I am not sure I am on board with the porting of a barrel to lower supersonic ammo to subs. Right now, if I want sub, I can just shoot 147+gr, and if I want super, that is still an option. With the ported barrel, you have less flexibility, and you lose velocity too.

Posts: 830 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I keep an FFL book with prices paid, all accessories etc. along with the serial numbers. Maybe even add photos.
One of those combined with your invisible friends here if they ever needed us would serve them well I think!

Consider the GHM9, it'll be like dipping your big toe in the B&T honey. You'll come back for the hive though Wink

I have, in the past made up spreadsheets, and for the firearms that's not too hard ... Then there is all the spare parts, reloading supplies and equipment, tools and just stuff!

Unfortunately, for someone that doesn't have any interest in it, it's just a burden ... A burden like the one I got from my parents. They had an extensive collection of Cupies (little angelic figurines) ranging from the late 1800's chalk and celuite up through 1970's Rose O'Neil glass Cupies ... Then a couple baskets full of early 1900's "Pink Pig" figurines ... Some of both of these have price tags on them so I know that at one time these collections of trinkets were worth in excess of 20K. Dad also bought antique clocks and had Over 300, but when they were thinking of moving he had them auctioned off and took a huge loss.

These things don't have any sentimental value to me ... I know at one time they had substantial value but dealers just want to give me pennies on the dollar, which I can kind of understand from a business standpoint but for now they sit in the basement because I don't have time to list them on eBay or something to even get 1/3 of their value ... It would have been so much easier if they'd have bought guns ... Or even stocks and bonds! I'd love to run across some old AT&T, IBM or even Microsoft stock certificates!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good friend has MP5's in 9, 40 and 10. Shot them several times over the last few years. Like them a lot. Also shot the Sig, CZ and AR in 9MM. Preferred the Sig and MP5. Had to go with the classic! Picked up a de-milled kit awhile back. Jeff at PCS rebuilt it for me. Have 1000rds on it so far. 900 handloads and a box each of 124 +p GDHP and 147 standard HST. Runs like a well tuned sewing machine. Had a handful of minor hiccups, all on me. My muscle memory from shooting buckets of rounds through my Glocks with their shorter trigger reset length.... didn't let the trigger reset. I'll work that out. So far very happy with it, very easy to shoot. Timed myself on a few Bill Drills from low ready, blazing fast. Registered as a pistol now, not sure if I'll SBR it? I do prefer the fixed HK stock slightly over the brace for cheek position.

Fun stuff!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking build--nice work! I know you'll continue to enjoy it. They are great pistols/SBRs.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I stumbled onto some old stock mcp 40rd mags the other day, this thread is really making me want an mp5 clone
What’s the current go to build?
Zenith, omega or I see HK has an Sp5k now

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2904 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot another 300rds of hand loads, WSF/Precision Delta 124 JHP's. Shooting great! Curious about the velocity, shot a few rounds through a friends Lab Radar. Lower number Glock 19, I don't shoot "gamer" loads! Would have guessed the velocity would be a little higher through the MP5... Fun Stuff!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Put a few hundred more rounds through the ol girl, still flawless.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3575 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
They almost shoot themselves don’t they?

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
They almost shoot themselves don’t they?

Well, they are so simple, how can they not work?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
My progression went like this, 10-22, shotgun revolver, M1A, multiple pistols, multiple ARs (one SBR, one Suppressor). When this thread started, I remember thinking I'd like one of those. Well over the last week, I have moved from thinking about getting a Scorpion to frantically ordering the GHM9 Compact with collapsible adapter and Tailhook. That escalated quickly.

I have not seen either the Scorpion or the B&T in person but have watched and read enough content to know I made the right choice for me.

Now, what reddot and mount? I was leaning towards the MRO to now thinking the T1 or even T2 would be a better choice to keep the pistol as compact as possible.

What detachable mount/height height combination is best with the collapsible adapter? I am not really concerned with co-witness on the irons.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my ghm45

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Well, I settled on the MRO with Midwest absolute co-witness mount. I never thought I would own a pistol caliber Can, but that may change in the next few months. Probably need a WML for it too.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I like the MRO, it’s a solid choice. I have gone for the short mount so far on my GHM9 and APC9. Tried a Sig Romeo on the GHM9 and it went well also.

Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
^^^
Sweet, GHM9 and MRO should be at FFL by Friday. I only have a PM9 and 92FS so my 9mm supply is pretty wimpy, probably need more now.

posted Hide Post
FM9 all assembled and shooting well today. 150 rounds of tula through it. 1 failure to feed. I believe i did not seat the mag fully.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my CMMG 9mm pistol. In reality they are 50yd guns that are fun and cheap to shoot. I decided to just stick with a 11.5” barrel AR for it’s ballistic advantage.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
I sold my CMMG 9mm pistol. In reality they are 50yd guns that are fun and cheap to shoot. I decided to just stick with a 11.5” barrel AR for it’s ballistic advantage.

50 yds? Are you saying that iz the furthest you can hit with it? Or possibly that that is the effective range ballistically?

A 124 grain bullet will have 254 ftlbs of energy at 100yds. 254 is not a big number compared to some things. Lets look at archery. At 20yds a arrow with at around 400 grains is going to have juzt about the same energy, some times less. At 40 yds, it will be half that and still provide lethal hits.

Yes the ar may have more energy, the 9mm is no slouch though.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
^^^
Sweet, GHM9 and MRO should be at FFL by Friday. I only have a PM9 and 92FS so my 9mm supply is pretty wimpy, probably need more now.

Nice choice. I ended up mounting mine low. Also, look up the cover they make for the MRO. It has ‘built in’ see through lens caps.
(Corrected my stupid autocorrect)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,