SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

Still loving the APC.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Any reason to pay an extra 1k for the APC over the EVO?

Edited to add: not intended to sound snarky, I genuinely don't know what makes it better but I'm open minded. What is the big advantage to the APC?

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ I have an evo but for me the benefit of the apc over the evo is how it's configured. I want the same configuration for my evo, but that means new short barrel, hbi micro handguards, and new grip. I also still need to add a stock.

I think the apc is setup very nicely.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a new uzi pro? Saw the factory braced model the other day, it was adorable.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I've only handled the Scorpion Evo but the difference to me is the robust construction of the aluminum upper and the quality of fit and finish. I always have trouble paying big $ for plastic firearms but that's just my hang up. If you get a chance put your hands on one check it out.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I did some reading and found a really good review of the APC9 here.

I definitely have no issues paying more for quality. But other than "fit & finish" is there a functional reason to pay >2k for this compared to the EVO? Even with all the upgrades I'd add to an EVO, it's still ~1k cheaper than the APC9. If the extra money is for aesthetic perfection I wouldn't fault anyone, I just want to know.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Thanks for the info. I did some reading and found a really good review of the APC9 here.

I definitely have no issues paying more for quality. But other than "fit & finish" is there a functional reason to pay >2k for this compared to the EVO? Even with all the upgrades I'd add to an EVO, it's still ~1k cheaper than the APC9. If the extra money is for aesthetic perfection I wouldn't fault anyone, I just want to know.

Like I said on the first page, if you're just looking for one gun of the type, the Scorpion would be my choice. You can't got wrong with it. They work and are fun. I shoot the heck out of mine all the time.

I prefer the APC 9 for a few reasons though. K length barrel, factory 3 lug, stock options, and I prefer the Scar-esque form of operation. AR triggers and ambi bolt release are pluses as well. Is it worth the extra coin? For me, yes, I really enjoy a finely made Swiss gun.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

Like I said on the first page, if you're just looking for one gun of the type, the Scorpion would be my choice. You can't got wrong with it. They work and are fun. I shoot the heck out of mine all the time.

I prefer the APC 9 for a few reasons though. K length barrel, factory 3 lug, stock options, and I prefer the Scar-esque form of operation. AR triggers and ambi bolt release are pluses as well. Is it worth the extra coin? For me, yes, I really enjoy a finely made Swiss gun.

Great points, thanks for your thoughts. I didn't realize the APC 9 was compatible w/ AR triggers?

Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Anyone got a new uzi pro? Saw the factory braced model the other day, it was adorable.

I had one of these for a short time.
It was the scariest weapon I ever shot.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Why is that?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is that?

It's just a little bigger than a handgun, and shoots more than 2000 RPM. Impossible to control. I got rid of it after 6 months of ownership.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Short bursts...

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I was suprised at how much faster the MP5K was with the auto sear than my MP5 or MP5 SD ... With the K I couldn't get a single shot off, doubles were the best I've been able to get, singles are easy with either of the other two.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
Short bursts...

A short burst uses 30 rounds!

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Look familiar?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...smgpcc-image-leaked/

Apparently this is why B&T discontinued the P26. They sold the design to Beretta who is now producing it as their newest SMG.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Interesting. While I'm glad someone is going to continue making it, I hope it won't be a trend for B&T. I'd like to see them take off enough to start also producing parts.

posted Hide Post
quote:

*raises hand*

I have one, it's totally cool. Stock trigger feels like shit but it doesn't seem to matter, gun is actually very accurate out to say 50 yards for having such a short Barrel. 11 inches folded and holding 32 rounds is tough to beat!

Here where the very first shots out of mine zeroing the MRO at 25 yards, blew me away. The second target is standing having fun at 25 yards.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I like that Uzi pro.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the MAC 10/45 and Cobray M11/9 ... Andyb, you were right!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I was suprised at how much faster the MP5K was with the auto sear than my MP5 or MP5 SD ... With the K I couldn't get a single shot off, doubles were the best I've been able to get, singles are easy with either of the other two.

#28 (80 degree) locking piece tames the high ROF of the K. Mine is subjectively close to that of the fullsize MP5 with the #28 installed.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post