SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Any mil-spec AR trigger should work.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Nice write up and nice collection. I tend to vapor lock when it comes to 9mm sub guns. There's a wealth of them out there right now.

I owned the original Turkish MKE release but never did much with it. I'll probably go back to those because my example was very nice.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Pure Evil

Picture of Spectre
posted Hide Post
I had to sell my MP-5 and Uzi a few years back, but I managed to hold on to my SWD M-11/9 with Lage slow fire upper.

It's fun to shoot and the SFU gives me a choice of three RPM speeds; 650, 750 and 950 RPM. I also have a .22LR kit for it , but I have never used it.

With Side Folder and forward cant K-grip...

In stock configuration... (Do a 32rnd mag dump in this configuration, and the last rnd is out the barrel before the first shell hits the floor! Smile)

Entropy ain't what it used to be...

Posts: 16741 | Location: Manassas, Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Spectre, thats an awesome piece! Always thought a MAC 11 would be a fun gun. I'd run out of ammo though Big Grin

How does the Lage adjust the rpm?

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Pure Evil

Picture of Spectre
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Spectre, thats an awesome piece! Always thought a MAC 11 would be a fun gun. I'd run out of ammo though Big Grin

How does the Lage adjust the rpm?

Since the M-11/9 fires from an open bolt, the Lage uses differently weighted bolts to slow the cyclic rate, so you do have to change out the bolt to adjust the fire rate. The stock bolt fires at 1200-1400 RPM which is cool, but somewhat difficult to control.

I have a buddy with a "Fat Mac" (Mac-10), his runs 9mm, not .45ACP, and he also uses a Lage upper, it really is the way to go.

Entropy ain't what it used to be...

Posts: 16741 | Location: Manassas, Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great collection and nice write up. I rented an auto UZI at our local gun range and had a blast. Took a few seconds to empty a 25 rounds mag. Fun but very expensive to feed Smile.

I just received my SBR stamp for the Scorpion EVO today. Here is the Scorpion suite case Cool

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Andyb, how do you like the simple stocks on the TP9/P26? Are they rock solid, or a little flimsy? Any comfort issues?

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Andyb, how do you like the simple stocks on the TP9/P26? Are they rock solid, or a little flimsy? Any comfort issues?

First thing that came to mind was surprisingly solid. No complaints

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Andy from Oklahoma, thank you for this thread. Big Grin

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of us non-free state folks, I sure hope B&T makes with the TP9/P26/K26 brace.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Kingfish, congrats! I see you have all the right accessories as well Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
Andy from Oklahoma, thank you for this thread. Big Grin

Oh man, you jumped in with both feet! Glad I could help. Enjoy it!

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
The B&T APC telescoping stocks have finally made it into the country. Supposedly machined out of a solid billet. Can't wait to receive mine.

They are really cool, very MP7-esque

posted Hide Post
Andyb, if I may ask a crass question, what did it cost total to get The EVO and SBR it? I can get the base EVO locally for $840 plus tax. Ballpark figure if you would. I'm thinking of dumping my Stag 9 and going in this direction.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Andyb, if I may ask a crass question, what did it cost total to get The EVO and SBR it? I can get the base EVO locally for $840 plus tax. Ballpark figure if you would. I'm thinking of dumping my Stag 9 and going in this direction.

Cost of the base gun + 922r stock kit + $200 stamp. Around 1200 all said and done.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:

Cost of the base gun + 922r stock kit + $200 stamp. Around 1200 all said and done.

You will want to add to that HBI's trigger kit and a right hand safety delete and possibly a larger charging handle.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I would add in the Beretta Cx4 Storm. Amazingly accurate and reliable and being able to swap mags with your Beretta 92 Type G is a plus as well.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was happy not knowing about the zenith/mke z5p and z5k. I could have went without seeing this thread. So many nice guns that I now NEED.

Now the question is mpx or z5p.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The B&T APC telescoping stocks have finally made it into the country. Supposedly machined out of a solid billet. Can't wait to receive mine.

They are really cool, very MP7-esque

Oh, that's nice. I think I'll end up all in on the B&T stuff. I was convinced I was going Zenith and Omega but that may change now with my P26 purchase.

I just wish the TP9 didn't have a proprietary front end and can.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
Awesome collection. Loving my Zenith Z-5RS and have my eye on a B&T next!

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
For some reason, I kinda want a P26. It fits a good size niche, and is a heck of a lot cheaper than the APC9. According to the specs, it is a good pound and a half lighter than my MPX, and I like a gun slightly longer than the TP9-- looking at that gun I just envision putting a hole in my left hand.

Can you confirm that the P26 uses AR triggers? A quick look around the web, and I don't see any other confirmation. I also can't seem to find the P26 on B&T's website.

Confirmed - the P26 and APC series (9, 45, 5.56, 300) use AR FCG.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post