SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on the POF MP5 mags Andy. I ordered 5 along with a bunch of UZI mags from RTG (I incorrectly mentioned G&R for the UZI mags earlier).

I had ordered my extra APC9 mags from the dealer I bought the pistol from because he had them for $60 each.

I have looked at the Zenith along with the Omega. I'm still not sure which one to go with. From what I understand (and my main reason for going with it) is that the Omega is already 922 compliant so I wouldn't need to do anything to it to SBR it. I think I will have to modify the Zenith, wouldn't I? I'm also not sure I like the forend on the Zenith and prefer the more MP5 traditional one on the Omega.

The Zenith is a little cheaper and comes with 3 mags. Any other thoughts?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andyb, the stock for the APC looks great. Hopefully they are still available when my form 1 is approved. I'm trying to decide if I should get the APC45 now, or hold out for the APC223. Has anyone had any trigger time with the APC45?

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
All I have are POF mags, they work great.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Had my Z5P out for break in few days ago, only 120 rds but it ran flawlessly, quite accurate too.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Did you SBR your Zenith or is it still in pistol form? If you SBR'd it, did you have to add any 922 parts?

FBHO
posted Hide Post
Pistol form. I don't think you need to add any parts but a stock and engraving to SBR it. I could be wrong but 922 compliance only applies to building and assembling from parts.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great thread. Expensive, but great.

For those of you with experience with the Beretta Storm and the EVO, can you chime in?

How is the trigger on the Evo?

Thanks,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
Andyb, the stock for the APC looks great. Hopefully they are still available when my form 1 is approved. I'm trying to decide if I should get the APC45 now, or hold out for the APC223. Has anyone had any trigger time with the APC45?

APC45 is awesome. Still waiting on my Form 1 though. I'll be getting a APC223 when they arrive.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Great thread - my CZ Scorpion Evo and 9MM AR SBR will keep be happy tho. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a question. So does all of the paperwork have to accompany you when you take your SBR out? To the range, to a match or wherever? Legally wherever I mean.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I have a question. So does all of the paperwork have to accompany you when you take your SBR out? To the range, to a match or wherever? Legally wherever I mean.
Yes, you need some paperwork.

I bought one of those banker, zip up pouches and put copies of all the docs (trust, F1/4s, 5320.20s) in there and stuffed it in my main range bag. The only time I get it out is yearly to swap out 5320.20 copies or add a new F1/4.

I also copied all F1/4s to about 35% size, laminated them, then punched holes and attached them all with metal rings. That is also in m range bag.

Reason being, I think if I'm ever questioned by someone with the authority to ask, that the ringed, laminated copies will be enough to satisfy their inquiry and show that I've got the info together. If not, I can break out the bankers bag if needed and likely keep quiet, other than to say they can refer further questions to my attorney.

You can also put a small copy of the F1/4 somewhere in the weapon - in the AR grip or somewhere in a stock.

Just several options I know I've done, as well as some others.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:

Ditto Rhino ... I keep a copies in a zip-loc in my truck as well as my bank bag in my backpack ... I also have copies in my photo bucket account. I've heard many many people say that "in 50 years I've never had anyone ask to see my paperwork" ...

I'll note also, the form 1 & 4 are tax documents and legally you don't have to show it/them to anyone one other than an agent of the IRS (which includes the NFA) your paperwork ... however there is nothing to keep an over zealous LEO from trying to confiscate it until you show that you can legally possess any NFA item.

When I wanted to buy a full-auto bolt carrier for my Ares Defense belt-fed upper, they wanted a copy to keep on file (to cover their butt) which I begrudgingly sent them after objecting. Their company policy is that if I want their full auto parts I must submit to them that I can legally possess it ... that is more than the law requires but its their rules.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Got my POF MP5 mags and UZI mags the other day and then picked up my UZI yesterday. I had forgotten how heavy those things are! But man, is it beautiful Smile

The person I bought it from said he didn't think it had been shot and I think he's right. There was still packing grease on the mag and on the feed ramp/barrel.

It's an IMI, imported by Action Arms, and came with everything from the factory except the cardboard box (from what I have read). I was a little nervous as this was more than 1/3 less than what I've seen them going for, but I am more than happy and it came with 2 IMI mags.

The APC9 got to my dealer today but I was unable to pick it up, so I'll get it on Monday.

I think I've settled on the Omega MP5 clone as it is 922r compliant. I would not need to add any American parts if I decided to SBR it. Since the Zenith is made in Turkey, I would need to add 6 American parts if I decide to SBR it.

Thanks for the thread Andy and pushing me to get some of the guns I've been wanting for a long time... and getting one I had never really looked into.

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Andyb,
Have you had a chance to get your P26 out to the range yet?

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Andyb,
Have you had a chance to get your P26 out to the range yet?

Not since the Form 1 came back. Shot it as a pistol previously and it ran fine though.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Got my POF MP5 mags and UZI mags the other day and then picked up my UZI yesterday. I had forgotten how heavy those things are! But man, is it beautiful Smile

The person I bought it from said he didn't think it had been shot and I think he's right. There was still packing grease on the mag and on the feed ramp/barrel.

It's an IMI, imported by Action Arms, and came with everything from the factory except the cardboard box (from what I have read). I was a little nervous as this was more than 1/3 less than what I've seen them going for, but I am more than happy and it came with 2 IMI mags.

The APC9 got to my dealer today but I was unable to pick it up, so I'll get it on Monday.

I think I've settled on the Omega MP5 clone as it is 922r compliant. I would not need to add any American parts if I decided to SBR it. Since the Zenith is made in Turkey, I would need to add 6 American parts if I decide to SBR it.

Thanks for the thread Andy and pushing me to get some of the guns I've been wanting for a long time... and getting one I had never really looked into.

You've started down the hole, and you're deep enough that you might as well keep digging Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Lookie what I picked up today Smile

Here is the UZI I picked up on Friday:

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Very nice, good lookin UZI.

Banned
posted Hide Post
Just a great thread. Thanks for starting this.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to get myself a Turk MP5 for my birthday. The platform has never been this buyer friendly.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post