SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
This one looks promising.
http://www.americantactical.us/5421/detail.html
They are working on a 922(r) kit for SBRs. Big Grin

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Irish thats really cool. I hope they do it a little differently than just the shell of the 22 on the outside (metal where it should be metal versus plastic). I'm anxious to see some reviews.

Shooter, thats a tough call. I love my Scar 16 (don't own a 17). I do enjoy shooting the 9mm far more though. They are downright pleasant to shoot for extended periods compared to the bark of a 5.56

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Zamak frame and 650 though, why??

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:

Because its new and they want to recover their investment costs with the early buyers ...
... like SiG did with the 556 Eek

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
My B&T is a 45.
I always thought the Colt SMGs were cool as a kid, and it was easy to do.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:

ZAMAC and from GSG? On second thought, I will keep saving pennies for a transferable MP-38/40.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Alright, I've been chewing this long enough. Have my local dealer put one back for me and bring the Scar 16 in to trade for the APC 9. Now I'm on a dangerous path because I'm looking at the APC556 also. I didn't know you can remove a screw on the back of the pistol and install a AR buffer tube in addition to the other stock options. I don't know how I missed that. Cool.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone taken a leap on these chiappa ak 9mm?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.co...ast&utm_medium=email

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: Chiappa.

Make a MP5 mag adapter and I'm in. Maybe even a colt 9mm mag adapter.

Otherwise not really interested.

Posts: 142 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chiappa.

not really interested.

My thoughts exactly. Wink

After their .22 and 9mm M1 Carbine-ish potmetal abominations, which are so poorly made they can hardly give them away, I can't trust Chiappa to get even a simple blowback 9mm carbine right.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
It's made by cugir.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Had to bring one home so I finally have an APC9. The dealer had the APC9, an alpine color TP9, and a KH9. Just as described throughout the thread, the B&T products are just done right! I love how they've taken all of these 80's era subguns and made them what they always should have been. I hope these B&T's become a hit, take over the MP5 market, and raise the bar for companies in the industry. I'd love to see parts become available. Some neat notes on the KH9, it comes with two magwells, one for B&T mags and one for Spectre mags (50 rounders). It has pop up adjustable sights but when the sights are down you still have a basic fixed sight on top of the folded down adjustable pop up sights. Now to build up a supply of mags, the SP brace, and the stocks to SBR.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
^ Congrats! You'll love it.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Nice 10X! Congratulations Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
<snip>
Some neat notes on the KH9, it comes with two magwells, one for B&T mags and one for Spectre mags (50 rounders).

There's a 30 round Spectre mag on Gunbroker for $230 IIRC

The Spectre is one of my regrets ...

I owned a Spectre for about 2 hours, saw it on a table with a bunch of cowboy stuff at a gun show 10-12 years ago, bought it for $300 IIRC it had a 30 and a 50 round mag; continued walking through the show and sold it two rows later ... guy offered me $500 and I told him I just bought it, he bumped his offer to $700 and I couldn't refuse it.

About 2 weeks ago at a local show a guy was walking around with a Spectre for sale, it had a 30 round mag with it and wanted $800 I only had $500 in my pocket because I really wasn't wanting to buy anything, but I would have bought that

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Appreciate the pictures and info Andy, made my decision easier. There is another model out byB&T that has the same Spectre upper but APC lower and only takes B&T mags but cheaper than the KH9. It's over the $1000 mark though. The Spectre was on of those well made semis out of the 80/90s that I too wish I'd bought. Then again, I could have bought a HK Sp89 around $600 many years ago. Anyone know about the trigger parts in the APC? I only looked briefly but thought the hammer looked like an AR hammer. I'll have to open it up again tonight and go through it. Wouldn't that be cool if it took AR trigger parts?

posted Hide Post
This is something I'm waiting for:

Under $1000 please.

Posts: 142 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
An interesting development for B&T fans and Sphinx fans/owners.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...rsal-service-weapon/

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Hey Andy, question, what did you have to do/replace parts for the SBR on the APC9 for 922 compliance?

posted Hide Post
And there is the B&T issue in a nutshell.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post