SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Andyb, any chance you know where I can get the CZ-UB manufactured A1 style magazine release?

I just ordered the HBI polymer duckbill mag release, but would much prefer the OEM A1 style.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lumbergh:
This is something I'm waiting for:

Under $1000 please.

Where did you see this might be imported? The website in the watermark is not in English.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Kalashnikov USA is releasing a US made AK-9 type rifle this year.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Get some, CA34 - Evo S3 SBR - Colt Mag 9mm

Posts: 142 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the video, PPGMD.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Andyb, any chance you know where I can get the CZ-UB manufactured A1 style magazine release?

I just ordered the HBI polymer duckbill mag release, but would much prefer the OEM A1 style.

I wasn't aware CZ offered a different mag release. If you mean the one on my gun it came with it, not sure if CZ changed them on later models?

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3575 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

I wasn't aware CZ offered a different mag release. If you mean the one on my gun it came with it, not sure if CZ changed them on later models?

Yeah the magazine release on your Scorpion is the A1 style with the wings on the side.
Seems some of the early Evo S1's came with the A1 style mag release.

The current S1 style does not have the wings.
Baffles me as to why they would have gotten rid of the wings.
I can't find the A1 style anywhere.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
This is an original Sterling Mk VI, which was factory produced as a Semi. It's the real deal, not a Wiselite copy. Only about 1600 were built; I have not been able to find any information on how many may have made it to the US. Pretty rare as is, which is why I never SBR'd it.

The scope is also Sterling branded.
The "short" mag is Canadian made. They used a modified design to circumvent patents.

Have a friend in North Carolina that bought on those original Sterlings in the 80's. He bought a bunch of mags and parts. Likes it so much he bought a full auto version too. Cool gun.

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have a friend in North Carolina that bought on those original Sterlings in the 80's. He bought a bunch of mags and parts. Likes it so much he bought a full auto version too. Cool gun

Is his name Scott?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
No. Rob. Good friend.

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Finally got mine started. Now to SBR it, buy the stocks, stock up on mags, and install the low ADM mount. I can see myself getting some of the others they put out. Also, I saw the loader. What a cool piece.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
^Awesome. The SB braces really do look good.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3575 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
I just recently picked up a MKE Zenith Z-5P. Made in Turkey by MKE under license by H&K and built to HK specs on HK tooling.

I've only had it to the range once and ran about 150 rounds through it, but it functioned perfectly and is a blast to shoot. The sites were dead on out of the box.

It smelled funny too, didn't it?

I didn't notice any funny smell. Did I miss something?

Turkish *Cosmoline*, or the equivalent thereof.

The scent took me back to public tours of American naval vessels in Port Everglades in the '60's.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
^Awesome. The SB braces really do look good.

Thanks again Andy for bringing my attention to the B&T products, especially the APC, in this thread. They really did do a good job with it. It's a good start. Not regretting letting loose of the Scar 16 for this.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've bought a 72 Corvette that's been eating into my fun money ... but I was on Atlantic's website and saw they had a HK MP5SD in stock ... I was on their list to be notified but never got an email ... anyway I jumped and put it on plastic.

It came in yesterday, I took my registered sear/trigger pack and favorite suppressor (just like the website says) and went to pick it up ... the website says the barrel has an 18x1 thread pitch ... which was perfect as I already had one for my Octane 45 can which I use on my Scorpion EVO ... I loaded up 6 mags with various ammo's and went to my dealer to pick it up.

The trigger pack fit perfect, but the can wouldn't screw on; at first I thought there was something wrong with the barrel because my "Favorite Suppressor" WONT FIT ... then I got home and it turns out these are made like the original MP5SD-N ... there are 30 small holes drilled at the base of the barrel, which is also where the threads are ... then the 5.75" of barrel is in front of that ... meaning that your suppressor has to slip over and down the 5 plus inches of barrel before it can tighten down ... which also mean's my "Favorite Suppressor" WONT FIT!!!

Now for the good stuff ... although its a bit limited because I couldn't shoot it because my "Favorite Suppressor" WONT FIT

Except for a rivet for the sling clip is kinda mashed, this thing is beautiful! The welds are nice and tidy ... the rear sight welds are just as nice ... I'd have to say that over all, its nicer than the original HK's I've owned ... besides the fact that my "Favorite Suppressor" WONT FIT ... they only other thing I'm not big on is the shiny finish ... I wish they had used a satin black as the glossy is a bit tacky.

I also wish the website had said to use your favorite MP5SD-N suppressor ... maybe I'm just stupid but when all the info says FAVORITE SUPPRESSOR with a 18x1 thread, I just assumed mine would fit ... well I guess that makes me an ASS!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'd be a bit pissed too. What a piece though. Think you'll keep it and get a can to fit or move it along?

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
10X: Absolutely!

Kimber: I like. Just needs an SD suppressor. You just thought you were done stamp collecting Wink

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Damn, I'd be a bit pissed too. What a piece though. Think you'll keep it and get a can to fit or move it along?

I'll get a can ... but it would be really nice if SilencerCO would make an adapter for it ... until I started looking around I didn't realize how many are out there.

quote:
10X: Absolutely!

Kimber: I like. Just needs an SD suppressor. You just thought you were done stamp collecting Wink

Yes ... Yes I did. Although, if the HPA goes through it would be easy and no stamp! But I highly doubt it will pass ... Its not often our government ever refused tax dollars.

Actually what I see happening is that someone in Congress says "WHAT! We haven't raised the tax in 83 YEARS? Then the fee goes up to something like $2,000 because the Tax was designed to keep the common man from acquiring NFA items.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That's going to be the Schiznit once the SD can is on there!

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
AndyB, question for you if you don't mind regarding the retractable stock on the APC. Do the metal stock arms come into contact with the sides of the reciever and create wear from opening and closing? Just wondering before going sbr and I get too carried away with buying various stock options. Thanks.