https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4400051214

November 21, 2016, 03:27 PM
Blackwater
So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Lookie what I picked up today Smile

Here is the UZI I picked up on Friday:

He shoots..he scores! nice on both accounts.

Joe
November 21, 2016, 03:30 PM
JRC
I just recently picked up a MKE Zenith Z-5P. Made in Turkey by MKE under license by H&K and built to HK specs on HK tooling.

I've only had it to the range once and ran about 150 rounds through it, but it functioned perfectly and is a blast to shoot. The sites were dead on out of the box.
November 21, 2016, 03:32 PM
RichardC
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
I just recently picked up a MKE Zenith Z-5P. Made in Turkey by MKE under license by H&K and built to HK specs on HK tooling.

I've only had it to the range once and ran about 150 rounds through it, but it functioned perfectly and is a blast to shoot. The sites were dead on out of the box.

It smelled funny too, didn't it?

November 21, 2016, 03:51 PM
Blackwater
I have about 600+ rounds though my APC 9 already. Gun is frieking awesome and easiest gun like this I've have to shoot in pistol configuration.

Joe
November 21, 2016, 07:57 PM
argolfer
I'm planning on getting my UZI and APC9 out on Saturday.

Anyone else notice how cheap the magazines feel on the APC9 feel? Especially for $70 a piece. Anyone test them for toughness yet?

Blackwater - what makes it easy to shoot as pistol?

November 22, 2016, 08:54 AM
JRC
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

It smelled funny too, didn't it?

I didn't notice any funny smell. Did I miss something?
November 22, 2016, 10:53 AM
Andyb
quote:
Anyone else notice how cheap the magazines feel on the APC9 feel? Especially for $70 a piece. Anyone test them for toughness yet?

I never thought they felt cheap, very light though. I see what you're saying however if held with an uzi mag. I think that might be more in our heads than not with how strong polymers have gotten.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
November 22, 2016, 05:09 PM
billnchristy
Atlantic has B&T's TEC9 lookalike on sale for a mere 1k.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.co...detail.html?Itemid=0

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.
November 22, 2016, 06:49 PM
10X-Shooter
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:

It says polymer receiver, is the upper AND lower plastic on this model? Doh, read it again and answered my own question.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,
November 22, 2016, 09:28 PM
Andyb
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
quote:

It says polymer receiver, is the upper AND lower plastic on this model?

https://youtu.be/XXmEEigbRSs?t=17s

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
November 22, 2016, 09:58 PM
10X-Shooter
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
quote:

It says polymer receiver, is the upper AND lower plastic on this model?

https://youtu.be/XXmEEigbRSs?t=17s

Interesting and informative. Tec 9 comparisons doesn't do much for sales I imagine. I had not thought about the way polymer acts in suppression. I owned a Steyr TPP many, many moons ago and still remember the should it made when shooting, almost like the plastic dampened the sound a bit. Just sounded different. At $1000 bucks it was tempting but not so sure now. I might just have to save the penny's for the APC. Thanks for the link!
November 23, 2016, 09:27 AM
argolfer
quote:
quote:

I never thought they felt cheap, very light though. I see what you're saying however if held with an uzi mag. I think that might be more in our heads than not with how strong polymers have gotten.

They are surprisingly light. I don't think that caused my initial "these feel cheap" reaction though. I just compared them to my MPX mags that I have. The springs in the APC9 rattle, they are a lot lighter, and they don't have steel inserts at the feed lips.

I'm sure they are well made and I'm not worried about them, they just didn't seem as robust as I thought they would be... especially for $70

November 29, 2016, 01:01 AM
Andyb
For all of you B&T-ers G&R just listed the TP9/MP9 suppressor as well as B&T's SMG can with the built in 3 lug mount you see on all the MP5's and APC's.

November 29, 2016, 03:33 AM
DaBigBR
I'd be all over the P26 if there was any concrete assurance from B&T about an arm brace since I'm in a no SBR state.
November 29, 2016, 03:36 AM
DaBigBR
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I'll note also, the form 1 & 4 are tax documents and legally you don't have to show it/them to anyone one other than an agent of the IRS (which includes the NFA) your paperwork ... however there is nothing to keep an over zealous LEO from trying to confiscate it until you show that you can legally possess any NFA item.

Can you cite any legal authority on that?
November 29, 2016, 08:07 AM
myrottiety
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I'll note also, the form 1 & 4 are tax documents and legally you don't have to show it/them to anyone one other than an agent of the IRS (which includes the NFA) your paperwork ... however there is nothing to keep an over zealous LEO from trying to confiscate it until you show that you can legally possess any NFA item.

Can you cite any legal authority on that?

I think this is correct typically. A form 1 & Form 4 being tax documents. IRS & ATF.

However I think that if a LEO pulled you over and asked because a SBR, Machine Gun, or etc that is regulated. I would think they could ask. Just to make sure you are complying with federal law and not committing a felony. You could sit and argue & be detained while it's sorted out... or just show it to them.

I think that a RSO could ask if they wanted being that it is private property. You could comply or leave. Depending on how much you felt like arguing.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
November 29, 2016, 10:16 AM
Z06

When I finally moved to AZ after 30 years in (no gun fun) WA 9mm SMGs were REAL high on my list of must haves. In ’02 I bought a Colt M16A1 with a 10.5” 9mm upper and a VM Hytech magwell adapter to use UZI mags. Didn’t care for it, sold the 9mm “kit” and bought a NIB Vector full size UZI SMG. Later bought a Vector Mini SMG.
Sold the full size and installed a Barrel Xchange Heavy Bolt in the Mini to bring the ROF down to ~780 rpm. It is now my ONLY full auto, and my FAVORITE.
Recently bought the Zenith Z-5P. It will be SBR’d.

November 29, 2016, 10:29 AM
argolfer
I have always enjoyed seeing your UZI Z06 Smile

quote:
For all of you B&T-ers G&R just listed the TP9/MP9 suppressor as well as B&T's SMG can with the built in 3 lug mount you see on all the MP5's and APC's.

Dangit!! I need to sell a kidney Smile I really want that TP9 and suppressor.

I was able to get out and shoot the APC9 and UZI this weekend. I was very impressed with both of them. The UZI way exceeded my expectations. It was so smooth to shoot and my boys had a blast shooting it. The APC9 felt awesome to shoot also. Andy, your analogy comparing it to a Rolex is very accurate and carries over to the shooting of it.

I really need to get them both SBR'd though. Shooting non-traditional pistols isn't my favorite so I'm looking forward to having a stock on the APC9. And the UZI just looks weird to me with that long barrel.

UZI and APC9:

... and the rest:

November 29, 2016, 12:13 PM
Z06
Thanks argolfer.

I love that shotgun!!

November 29, 2016, 01:02 PM
Citadel
quote:
I have always enjoyed seeing your UZI Z06 Smile

quote:

Dangit!! I need to sell a kidney Smile I really want that TP9 and suppressor.

I was able to get out and shoot the APC9 and UZI this weekend. I was very impressed with both of them. The UZI way exceeded my expectations. It was so smooth to shoot and my boys had a blast shooting it. The APC9 felt awesome to shoot also. Andy, your analogy comparing it to a Rolex is very accurate and carries over to the shooting of it.

I really need to get them both SBR'd though. Shooting non-traditional pistols isn't my favorite so I'm looking forward to having a stock on the APC9. And the UZI just looks weird to me with that long barrel.

UZI and APC9:

... and the rest:

AR Golfer. Just a note orange on a shotgun is used to indicate less lethal or a bean bag gun. I know what you have hanging off it but something to consider.