SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
OP, that's a very nice collection you have. And a well done write up.

I have a mp5k-n with DLO registered trigger frame, mp5n with fleming sear (well soon to be...hk94 getting chopped), vector FA fullsize Uzi SMG, and used to have a m11/9. I have a good amount of trigger time behind the APC9, APC45, APC556, APC300, and MP9. All of the B&T's were dealer sample MGs. Of my transferable MGs the HKs rule the roost. Objectively comparing the APC9 to all other SMGs, I believe the APC9 is the current best in class SMG on the market. Very ergonomic with a simple manual of arms, bolt hold open, great for optic mounting, highly reliable, compact, simple operating system, suppress well (and have 3-lug barrel), and just plain badass. The hydraulic buffer really works well to smooth cycling, such that the recoil impulse subjectively feels nearly identical to the mp5. If I was starting from scratch buying pistol caliber SBRs I would standardize on the apc9; no contest. I say that as a die hard HK mp5 fan.


---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
 
Posts: 1957 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I head my eye on one of these by Omega ... They are out of stock and I've been on thier mailing list for months ... and I've got enough spare parts to complete it Frown hurry up & wait!

A buddy of mine has one of their K guns and other than the satin finish (which I don't mind, but h likes flat) it's very nice.



If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 4983 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
KK, me too. I've shopped fake cans and everything to get it together to make it a shooter while waiting for stamps to clear.
 
Posts: 7847 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my CZ EVO 3 yesterday, looking for
ward to shooting it. It was tough to get here.
 
Posts: 1795 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at the APC9's now. I hate you Andyb!! Mad Razz Only place I see them is on Gunbroker. Will they become more available? Is $2200 what they normally sell for? Best place for mags and parts?

I still want to get an MP5 and UZI though, but am looking at the TPM MP5 and the IMI UZI, which cost twice as much as the Zenith and Vector, respectively. I'm not sure it's worth the extra, but some seem to think they are.

If I didn't worry about a possible ban in the future, I wouldn't feel as much pressure to get them soon.


___________________________________
No, it's a cardigan... but thanks for noticing
 
Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
I keep looking at the APC9's now. I hate you Andyb!! Mad Razz Only place I see them is on Gunbroker. Will they become more available? Is $2200 what they normally sell for? Best place for mags and parts?

I still want to get an MP5 and UZI though, but am looking at the TPM MP5 and the IMI UZI, which cost twice as much as the Zenith and Vector, respectively. I'm not sure it's worth the extra, but some seem to think they are.

If I didn't worry about a possible ban in the future, I wouldn't feel as much pressure to get them soon.


There is a dealer on sturmgewehr selling the apc9 for $1970. That's the best price around.


---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
 
Posts: 1957 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I head my eye on one of these by Omega ... They are out of stock and I've been on thier mailing list for months ... and I've got enough spare parts to complete it Frown hurry up & wait!

A buddy of mine has one of their K guns and other than the satin finish (which I don't mind, but h likes flat) it's very nice.



I would be cautious of those. There have been a few reports on HKPro regarding improperly aligned barrel/handguard such that the suppressor cannot be installed. I think I'd be inclined to spend more and buy a tpm or DT SD.


---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
 
Posts: 1957 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
I keep looking at the APC9's now. I hate you Andyb!! Mad Razz Only place I see them is on Gunbroker. Will they become more available? Is $2200 what they normally sell for? Best place for mags and parts?

I still want to get an MP5 and UZI though, but am looking at the TPM MP5 and the IMI UZI, which cost twice as much as the Zenith and Vector, respectively. I'm not sure it's worth the extra, but some seem to think they are.

If I didn't worry about a possible ban in the future, I wouldn't feel as much pressure to get them soon.


I really think these are the Colt Python of the subgun world.

G&R has one for $1999

http://www.gandrtactical.com/c...av/SearchResult.html




Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.
 
Posts: 3157 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
There is a dealer on sturmgewehr selling the apc9 for $1970. That's the best price around.


Thanks Josh. I sent him an email. If that doesn't work, I'll look at G&R.

So, where are you guys getting extra mags?


___________________________________
No, it's a cardigan... but thanks for noticing
 
Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
There is a dealer on sturmgewehr selling the apc9 for $1970. That's the best price around.


Thanks Josh. I sent him an email. If that doesn't work, I'll look at G&R.

So, where are you guys getting extra mags?


Hkparts.net for mags


Joe

Oath Keeper
 
Posts: 2237 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
AndyB have you thought about adding a Kriss 9mm? My wife told me to make a short gun list before Nov. 8. I'm leaning towards a Kriss because I have lots of Glock mags.

Or should I stick with CZ Scorpion?

I don't know if the wife was serious or not but I'm making a list! Hehe


David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
 
Posts: 3112 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
AndyB have you thought about adding a Kriss 9mm? My wife told me to make a short gun list before Nov. 8. I'm leaning towards a Kriss because I have lots of Glock mags.

Or should I stick with CZ Scorpion?

I don't know if the wife was serious or not but I'm making a list! Hehe


I have the .45 so really no desire for the 9mm. They are cool though.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either.




Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.
 
Posts: 3157 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Andyb is it pretty reliable?


David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
 
Posts: 3112 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
I would be cautious of those. There have been a few reports on HKPro regarding improperly aligned barrel/handguard such that the suppressor cannot be installed. I think I'd be inclined to spend more and buy a tpm or DT SD.

Thanks for the heads-up, I really hadn't done any research on them, I just went with the idea that if Atlantic is selling them that they must be pretty decent.


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 4983 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Ordered an APC9 (thanks Josh) and also found an UZI. Now, I just need to get an MP5 clone and I'll be set.

This thread has cost me a lot of money as I had no interest in the APC9 until reading what Andyb had to say about them. Then I started researching them and everyone seems to be saying the same things about them.

These will be my first NFA items post 41P.


___________________________________
No, it's a cardigan... but thanks for noticing
 
Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
David: I haven't had any issues with mine but I only have a a few hundred rounds through it, so FWIW.

ar: You will love the APC. Make sure and show off the IMI when you get it! Have you decided what MP5 you are going after?




Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.
 
Posts: 3157 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Got the telescoping stock today, in short, its the shiznit.






Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.
 
Posts: 3157 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Awesome andy! Cool


Joe

Oath Keeper
 
Posts: 2237 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
That stock looks awesome Andy! How is the LOP? I don't like how short the LOP is on the MPX with the collapsible stock on it. If the APC stock is short too, I'll probably just go with the folding one.

I had decided to go with the TPM MP5 clone, but at half the cost, I may give the Omega a try. If I really like the MP5 platform I could always get the K or the SD from TPM.

I hope this isn't derailing your thread too much, but a few questions about magazines... I'll have 5 APC mags. How many are you guys stocking up on? I was going to get some UZI mags from G&R. They have a 10 pack of 25-rounders and a 5 pack of 32-rounders. Is this a good place to get them from? I was also going to get 4 or 5 German MP5 mags. Have you guys tried any of the other MP5 mags? How have they been?

Do all the B&T guns use the same mags?


___________________________________
No, it's a cardigan... but thanks for noticing
 
Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
That stock looks awesome Andy! How is the LOP? I don't like how short the LOP is on the MPX with the collapsible stock on it. If the APC stock is short too, I'll probably just go with the folding one.

I had decided to go with the TPM MP5 clone, but at half the cost, I may give the Omega a try. If I really like the MP5 platform I could always get the K or the SD from TPM.

I hope this isn't derailing your thread too much, but a few questions about magazines... I'll have 5 APC mags. How many are you guys stocking up on? I was going to get some UZI mags from G&R. They have a 10 pack of 25-rounders and a 5 pack of 32-rounders. Is this a good place to get them from? I was also going to get 4 or 5 German MP5 mags. Have you guys tried any of the other MP5 mags? How have they been?

Do all the B&T guns use the same mags?


The LOP is a little shorter than the side folding stock.

Have you given the Zenith/MKE guns a look for the MP5?

Go to RTG parts as soon as you can and order a bunch of the POF Mp5 mags they just got in. Made on HK tooling and only 30 bucks each. They sell out really quick.

RTG also has the best price on B&T mags.

I just ordered a couple B&T's and 5 POF mags from them.

All the 9mm B&T's use the same mag.

G&R is good to go if they have the best price on UZI mags.




Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.
 
Posts: 3157 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?

© SIGforum 2019