SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Notice that "subgun" is in parentheses in the title, which indicates that the term used isn't entirely accurate, but it's an approximation.

Those are quotation marks, but I agree with what you've written. Not that I'm anyone.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Right. Not enough coffee. Big Grin

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
10X those braces look great!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3575 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veritas_Vincit:
quote:
Notice that "subgun" is in parentheses in the title, which indicates that the term used isn't entirely accurate, but it's an approximation.

Those are quotation marks, but I agree with what you've written. Not that I'm anyone.

{ (Welcome) to the (forum). “Nice” (first post). }

Posts: 540 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

I feel like I am on jeopardy and you are Alex Trabek (sp?).

It’s rather obvious. Maybe we should call them “wannabe subguns”.

I hope Inised quotation marks correctly!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12555 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Big Grin

I feel like I am on jeopardy and you are Alex Trabek (sp?).

It’s rather obvious. Maybe we should call them “wannabe subguns”.

I hope Inised quotation marks correctly!

I'm not nobody either but IMHO it should be:

“wannabe" Subguns

Only "wannabe" should be in quotes but the S should be capitalized because it is a name. (I think that's right because the parent gun is a Subgun)
I'm not sure if my use of the colon correct or should I have used a semi-colon?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:

B&T APC9 with Tailhook Brace and Techsmith MFG Adapter on the collapsible

Dude! Your killing me. I've been trying to hold of on one of those. Heard "not great" things about the reliability of the early release ACP45s, availability and price of mags, etc., but that's awesome, even with the brace hook.

Here's some of mine:

Someday, when I have absolutely nothing better to do with my $, I'm going to find a 9mm conversion kit for my AUG... Big Grin

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M4Super90:
quote:

B&T APC9 with Tailhook Brace and Techsmith MFG Adapter on the collapsible

Dude! Your killing me. I've been trying to hold of on one of those. Heard "not great" things about the reliability of the early release ACP45s, availability and price of mags, etc., but that's awesome, even with the brace hook.

Here's some of mine:

Someday, when I have absolutely nothing better to do with my $, I'm going to find a 9mm conversion kit for my AUG... Big Grin

You got some great kit there. I’ve been barely holding back temptation to start a CZ Scorpion pistol and a Bren 805 pistol. B&T keep coming out with products that go straight to the top of the list. Interesting and cool build on the lower right AR build.
10X those braces look great! Thanks!
AndyB- you put the B&T tobacco in my peace pipe and I’m grateful. What a great product they’re making. Sent the GHM9 in for the HP feedramp change and can’t wait to get it back. It shoots every bit as nice as the APC9. By far my favorites to shoot. Both shoot straight and reliable. Amazingly easy to shoot tight groups.

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter: Interesting and cool build on the lower right AR build.

That's a fun one. I keep the HK FH on it when I'm shooting unsupressed, but it has 3 lug underneath and I run an old SWR Trident9 on it. Loads of fun. I have a .300 BLK about the same size with a linear comp that's a hoot too! I've been digging the SLR stuff for builds lately.

At some point I will ditch the poor 94SD clone and get an MP5K clone and SBR it. Lots of viable options running around these days.

115 + 115 = 230

Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
You know, if B&T made an SD pistol version that had a 3-lug instead of a ported barrel, I'd be all over that! I wonder if that's just a sleeve over the normal pistol receiver and it can be purchased separately?

115 + 115 = 230

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
<SNIP>
At some point I will ditch the poor 94SD clone and get an MP5K clone and SBR it. Lots of viable options running around these days.

Is the "the poor 94SD clone" an actual SD or does it have the plastic SD cover on it?

If its still a '94 I'd say have it converted to an MP5 or actual SD ...

I guess I'm having trouble with what "the poor 94SD clone" actually is.

I have clones of all 3 and the SD is my favorite.

Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
It has the cover on it. I've thought about just getting something like an Omega pistol receiver and registering it. This was one of the first clones way back when, and the build quality is not outstanding. That's the main reason I haven't tinkered with it much.

115 + 115 = 230

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has the cover on it. I've thought about just getting something like an Omega pistol receiver and registering it. This was one of the first clones way back when, and the build quality is not outstanding. That's the main reason I haven't tinkered with it much.

Gotcha ...

My K and SD are Omega receivers, which I haven't bothered to SBR because I typically keep my registered sear in the SD and I put a blade with an ACE hinge on the K which I already had. Plus I already had extra FCG's so the receivers made sense for me ...
Also, they have been running as flawlessly as you would a Genuine HK in both semi and full auto. I do kind of like the folding brace that's available for the 5 and the K and after we find out how much we'll have to pay in taxes I might pick them up.

The main attraction for me, was the Omega comes sear ready, FA bolt and no built in blocks ... the HK SP5 and the Turkish clone both would need machine work done for my sear, plus I'd have to buy F/A bolt's ... then too, they are about 1/3 more expensive because you got the whole gun!

Anyway, my only complaint about the Omega is that they have a shiny finish instead of a semi-gloss, I suppose you would call it.

Edited to add picture!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
10x, you like the tail hook brace better than he standard folder.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:

Better than the folding stock or than the SB Tactical brace? I’m guessing the latter. I do like the Tailhook much more. It’s a nicely machined aluminum brace as opposed to pliable hard rubber and plastic. It feels much more solid. The collapsible was a bit hard for me to justify spending so much money on until I put my hands on one. The folder on the GHM9 can now be replaced with the same collapsible, brace adapter, and Tailhook. My two SB braces sit in the parts bin. It’s nice to have one or two as parts.

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Is your SD the real deal with the ported barrel and proprietary suppressor, or is it the Omega that accepts a 3 lug mount and sleeves over?

115 + 115 = 230

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:

Better than the folding stock or than the SB Tactical brace? I’m guessing the latter. I do like the Tailhook much more. It’s a nicely machined aluminum brace as opposed to pliable hard rubber and plastic. It feels much more solid. The collapsible was a bit hard for me to justify spending so much money on until I put my hands on one. The folder on the GHM9 can now be replaced with the same collapsible, brace adapter, and Tailhook. My two SB braces sit in the parts bin. It’s nice to have one or two as parts.

Yes, I meant the SB and thank you for the response sir!

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is your SD the real deal with the ported barrel and proprietary suppressor, or is it the Omega that accepts a 3 lug mount and sleeves over?

Yep, its the real deal with the ported barrel and proprietary suppressor ... which threw me at first because in their description it said you can use "your favorite trigger group and suppressor" ... it didn't say it had to be your favorite SD suppressor. That wasn't actually a thing yet.
I kinda threw a fit about it and it was shortly after that they came up with the K-barrel with a 3-lug+ barrel so you actually could use your favorite suppressor. They offered me a pre-production unit but by then I'd done enough research that I wanted the real deal, ported barrel so that I could shoot any ammo and it would be suppressed.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Very nice group you have there kimberkid.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks 10X-Shooter!

You and Andy ... and the other guys with the BT's especially the APC9 are really making me wish I were younger ... not that 60 is old, but no one else in the family is into shooting ... at all, and I can't see dropping that kind of coin on another 9mm. Also, I don't want my wife or daughter to be taken advantage of over my firearms. I've already started to thin the herd and sell off some of my non-NFA toys ... and I'm hopefully done with any more NFA unless its a machine-gun that I can't afford to say no to.