SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I appreciate Thant 10X, thank you.

Even if the first batch doesn't feed HP rounds I'm sure later batches will. If CZ was willing to change the threads on the Scorpion barrels I'd wager B&T will be willing to re-work the feed ramp.

With any luck (if there is a problem with feeding HP rounds) B&T will be willing to correct the units already in private hands.

Posts: 80 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Just returned from the range with my B&T APC9 and my new GHM9. I only brought Winchester White Box 115 grain and American Eagle 147 grain Truncated/flat nose ball. The APC ate it all and asked for seconds but the GHM9 sadly would not feed the flat nose 147 ammo. It would end up misfed with the nose up pressed between the chamber and bolt every time. I found that if I slowly rode the bolt on that ammo it sometimes loaded into the chamber. It'll contact B&T and see what their answer is to the problem. Im curious is a JHP like the Hornady American Handgunner will load properly because of its rounded form. I suspect it might. Still, the GHM9 was flawless with ball ammo and I can't wait to get a nice brace and eventually SBR. I'm still not surprised that the APC9 is still my favorite but the GHM is going to be fun as well.

Posts: 4630 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information. I had intended to wait until the second or third production run before I buy one and this will give B&T time to figure this out.

I'd wager everything will hinge on the shape of the bullet (much like trying to feed JHP rounds in an older P6) regarding whether it will feed or not. Another option might be those Underwood rounds maybe? Over on The Firearms Blog I brought this up and another GHM9 owner mentioned that his example would feed Winchester Ranger and Gold Dot HPs but not 147 gr HST rounds so there are some options.

Either way, I'm not dissuaded from buying one but I'll wait until this coming summer.

Posts: 80 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I suspect the same regarding bullet shape. I'm going to try different HP rounds with a more rounded profile and keep a list to share.

Posts: 4630 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post