SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want a 9mm "Subgun"? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I keep telling myself I'm not going to be a beta-tester but companies keep coming out with awesome hardware! CZ has a stellar reputation and I took a chance on the EVO when it first came out and I have no regerts regrets although arm braces have come a long way, if you can't have an SBR, that looks like the next best thing ... Congrats

Mine started out as a pistol, and I put the SiG arm brace on it while I was waiting on my stamp to SBR it ... Then they started coming out with some other 3rd party accessories but I mostly stayed with the factory parts ... I added the carbine handguard because my suppressor fits down inside of it, then added the Manticore folding charge handle.

The Bren went about the same path, started with a SiG-brace then SBR'd it ... With the exception of the flash hider/suppressor mount and forward grip, I've stayed with factory accessories however I would like to put an ACR stock on it if Mississippi Arms ever sends me an "in stock" notification for the adapter!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I would love an APC9, though I wanted a Scorpion since they came out. Being here in IL means no goodies like SBR's or Suppresors though thanks to SB Tactical I can have a folding brace and makes the Scorpion sooooo much better. Gotta mount my red dot yet.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I would love an APC9, though I wanted a Scorpion since they came out. Being here in IL means no goodies like SBR's or Suppresors though thanks to SB Tactical I can have a folding brace and makes the Scorpion sooooo much better. Gotta mount my red dot yet.

You can SBR if you really want it.
Just got my 4th Form 1 approved Oct 13th in exactly 5mo time for a scar16 cqc.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^how in IL?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
^^^^^^how in IL?

Few steps to cover but you start off getting a C&R FFL.
$30 good for 3yrs.
And you go from there.
Where are you located?

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nero
posted Hide Post
If I could have any one I desired it would be the Beretta 12S/Taurus MT-12AD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMAjrhZAi0

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nero:
If I could have any one I desired it would be the Beretta 12S/Taurus MT-12AD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMAjrhZAi0

nero

The Beretta and the Walther MPK have been my dream guns since I was a kid.
First saw a Beretta in pics and video of Tet 1968 being used by American embassy security.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I have one like this that has been in jail for a month or so ... almost 2 months waiting for approval to ship it to my dealer, maybe I'll get it before summer '18 is over Frown

M11 with LAGE upper

Oh, and that isn't me shooting it!

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Finally was able to get some pics of the SBT EVO FDE on my FDE EVO. Install was stupid easy. Color match is excellent. I wish is locked or had a detent to slow it down, when the brace was open all the way, but overall I'm very pleased.

Had I known going FDE was going to take so long to get support, I probably would have opted for black. But I do love the color.

Hoping to upgrade the Handguard and barrel to the "K" configuration next.

Posts: 1995 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness, that looks good enough to make me want to buy another just to put the brace on ... I really like the FDE with the black

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
In all seriousness, that looks good enough to make me want to buy another just to put the brace on ... I really like the FDE with the black

Thanks. Next up I'll be swapping the barrel and handguard to the "K" configuration. Unfortunately, Midwest Industries doesn't offer their recently released short rail in FDE and has no plans to do so, at a later date. So now I have to find a CeraKote dealer who can match it.

All that just to get it the way I want it.

Posts: 1995 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up my GHM9 a couple days ago. It came with the quick loader in lieu of the cleaning kit included with the APC9. Looking forward to the SB or Dakota Tactical brace. Need to SBR one or both and get a nice can. Man, these Swiss guns are expensive and addictive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Finally picked up my GHM9 a couple days ago. It came with the quick loader in lieu of the cleaning kit included with the APC9. Looking forward to the SB or Dakota Tactical brace. Need to SBR one or both and get a nice can. Man, these Swiss guns are expensive and addictive.

Awesome. Who needs an SBR when the Brace lets you cross state lines without the extra form? I kid. NFA laws are dumb.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
quote:

Awesome. Who needs an SBR when the Brace lets you cross state lines without the extra form? I kid. NFA laws are dumb.

Agreed. As I understand it, you can SBR and use the fantastic stock options but if you don't want to go through the PIA SBR across state lines approval process you can put the brace on and return it to 'pistol with brace' configuration and go on your merry way across state lines with your braced pistol. It's a lot of money but the stocks for the APC are really nice, especially the collapsible. The brace is really solid on the APC. The best option for bracing the GHM9 the right way starts at $200 plus the cost of the tailhook. A couple of companies are coming out with braces for the GHM9 (Dakota Tactical and SB Tactical). Hopefully they will be a bit cheaper but it would be around $300 to SBR and cost of the real stock for the GHM9. I'm going to see what happens with the SB and DT braces before I jump one way or the other.

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I keep telling myself I'm not going to be a beta-tester but companies keep coming out with awesome hardware! CZ has a stellar reputation and I took a chance on the EVO when it first came out and I have no regerts regrets although arm braces have come a long way, if you can't have an SBR, that looks like the next best thing ... Congrats

Mine started out as a pistol, and I put the SiG arm brace on it while I was waiting on my stamp to SBR it ... Then they started coming out with some other 3rd party accessories but I mostly stayed with the factory parts ... I added the carbine handguard because my suppressor fits down inside of it, then added the Manticore folding charge handle.

The Bren went about the same path, started with a SiG-brace then SBR'd it ... With the exception of the flash hider/suppressor mount and forward grip, I've stayed with factory accessories.

posted Hide Post
I had been leaning towards a CZ Scorpion until I learned about the GHM9 earlier this year. For me, it just looks like what I expect a subgun to be and it is at the top of my list to purchase and SBR. There is a new YouTube video up from a TTAG reviewer examining the pistol and while he had an overall positive experience Jeremy encountered a problem that had me concerned. According to the video his example wouldn't feed HP or flat nosed rounds which is a problem because mine wouldn't just be a range toy.

10X-shooter, have you tried HP rounds in yours?

https://youtu.be/iSLKcU6dlC4

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
quote:

There should be no such thing as a SBR. That said, a brace is IMO not the same as a SBR with a stock. It’s a pain to deal with the ramifications of NFA, however I just can’t bring myself to own a brace. These pistol versions of SBRs were meant to be true SBRs.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2313 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vgex:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:

There should be no such thing as a SBR. That said, a brace is IMO not the same as a SBR with a stock. It’s a pain to deal with the ramifications of NFA, however I just can’t bring myself to own a brace. These pistol versions of SBRs were meant to be true SBRs.

While I agree with you on there not being a SBR designation, I have come to accept the brace as a good "go-between" for now. I have a MP5 clone with the brace and it's close enough to what I remember my MP5nA2 being that it definitely scratches that itch.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3351 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
DrewR, I haven't been to the range yet but expect to later this week. I'll try several HP rounds and report back. Come to think of it, I'll bring the ACP as well and try them in it. Seems HK had this problem with the MP5 early on but got it ironed out with curved mags. I saw a video, probably the same one, where the reviewer couldn't run HP and truncated fmj ammo but I've also seen many others saying no problem with either. I can't imagine what it's like to not be able to possess hollow point ammo in Europe. I'm not worried about it since all we could run was ball an I in the Army when I was in the service. Something about the Geneva Convention or some crap that no one else seems to bother with anymore. I also figure B&T will take care of any issues. I'll see how it goes and get back to you.