So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4400051214

April 22, 2017, 10:40 PM
kimberkid
So you want a 9mm "Subgun"?
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Thought this thread needs a new breath of fresh air so back up with a picture.

9mm carbine family pic ... The SPP & CZ aren't SBR'd and not sure if they ever will be, I've located a stock for the SPP for $500 but it doesn't fold; and as you can see I have the stock for the CZ but no way to attach it ... With the exception of the MP5 SD which has the registered sear & the 9mm with M16, the others are SBR'd.

I've got the SD adapter on the SWR Octane suppressor on the MP5 SD because I'm going to do some testing & comparing tomorrow, then with my first form 1 can which I had kind of forgotten about. I've had that stamp for 2 years finally built when I realized it would be perfect for SD ... The same guy that's making the SD adapter is also making one for the SPP, so the possibility of SBRing the SPP is a stronger possibility.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
April 24, 2017, 02:01 PM
10X-Shooter
Sweet assembly of some great shooters. I had a SPP in the 90's and ultimately traded it because I couldn't find any decent options for a can and stock solution then. Glad there are some now. It was super accurate even shot as a pistol. The TP9 really remedied those problems too. I'm feeling under-equipped compared to you and a few others. Big Grin
April 26, 2017, 01:29 PM
10X-Shooter
B&T KH9 starts at the 21:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/05hblz-CyA8
April 26, 2017, 05:31 PM
aparoche
I've got the 9mm subgun itch...

Sig MPX Gen 2 with 8 inch barrel
OR
Zenith/MKE Z-5P (H&K MP5K clone)

Opinions?
April 26, 2017, 06:13 PM
Gibb
I shot a MP5n in the military, and had the subgun itch. Was looking at the different clones, but price at the time was prohibitive to me.

Times and means change, and I was actively researching the clones and the Sig had caught my eye. I went to the Pro Shop in Epping and so glad I did before trying to source one.

To me, the AR controls on an MP5 size pattie just don't work. Doesn't feel natural to me (keep in mind my experience level).

I ended up going with the Omega 9 from Atlantic Firearms. Mainly due to being 922 compliant for future SBR. I picked it up today, but haven't had time to get to the range yet. I'll be posting pics and a review once in able to.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.
April 26, 2017, 06:19 PM
aparoche
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
I shot a MP5n in the military, and had the subgun itch. Was looking at the different clones, but price at the time was prohibitive to me.

Times and means change, and I was actively researching the clones and the Sig had caught my eye. I went to the Pro Shop in Epping and so glad I did before trying to source one.

To me, the AR controls on an MP5 size pattie just don't work. Doesn't feel natural to me (keep in mind my experience level).

I ended up going with the Omega 9 from Atlantic Firearms. Mainly due to being 922 compliant for future SBR. I picked it up today, but haven't had time to get to the range yet. I'll be posting pics and a review once in able to.

Thanks for the response. The reason I am looking at the Zenith/MKE Z-5P as my MP5 clone of choice is because I read that they are actually made in an H&K factory via contract using the same machines, etc. so I assumed it would be the closest to the real thing.
April 26, 2017, 06:20 PM
gkgeiger
quote:

I rec'd mine last Friday. I've been to the range a couple of times since then but only put about 50 rounds down, working on an issue with my 1911 range gun. It is so smooth and operates flawless. Paperwork to follow.

April 26, 2017, 06:36 PM
aparoche
quote:
Originally posted by gkgeiger:
quote:

I rec'd mine last Friday. I've been to the range a couple of times since then but only put about 50 rounds down, working on an issue with my 1911 range gun. It is so smooth and operates flawless. Paperwork to follow.

Is this the Omega 9mm K Style model as well?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.co...detail.html?Itemid=0
April 26, 2017, 07:00 PM
10X-Shooter
That rail sure makes life a lot easier. Those claw mounts were high and heavy. Looks just like a HK SP89 but with a rail. Sweet.
I think I heard someone was trying to bring back the Linda 9mm. Not a fan but what a great time that so many of those 9mm projects from the 80's that were killed by the Clintons are getting a second chance. Just got 1000 rds of 9mm to play with my APC. That should last less than an hour.
April 26, 2017, 08:13 PM
gkgeiger
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:
quote:

Is this the Omega 9mm K Style model as well?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.co...detail.html?Itemid=0

Yes it is Big Grin
April 26, 2017, 09:44 PM
kimberkid
quote:

I've been so impressed with my Omega MP5 SD that I ordered a MP5K with the sight rail, just like yours ... However I ordered the barreled receiver just like I did on the SD ... A benefit of buying extra parts when you find them cheap, even if you don't need them at the time! It's supposed to be here tomorrow Smile which happens to be my day off!
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
Thanks for the response. The reason I am looking at the Zenith/MKE Z-5P as my MP5 clone of choice is because I read that they are actually made in an H&K factory via contract using the same machines, etc. so I assumed it would be the closest to the real thing.

The reason I went with the Omega is that it's made of the best parts available, it's already 922r compliant ... it comes sear ready, I don't have to change anything, just add my favorite trigger pack, and it has a registered sear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

April 28, 2017, 09:08 AM
Gibb
Hit the range for 50 rounds last night with my Omega 9 and it was great! Ran Federal 124gr through it and not even a hint of any issues.

Will try and get pics on my next trip out, but so far I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl with this thing.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.
April 28, 2017, 10:31 AM
kimberkid
quote:
Hit the range for 50 rounds last night with my Omega 9 and it was great! Ran Federal 124gr through it and not even a hint of any issues.

Will try and get pics on my next trip out, but so far I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl with this thing.

I picked mine up yesterday, and made a quick trip to the range also ... it was starting to rain so I didn't stay long but my experience was the same as yours ... it ran as good as it looked right out of the box. I pulled a bore-snake through the barrel and although it didn't need it I gave it a bit of oil ... looked like it had been test fired. It was smooth right out of the box ... I ran a mag of 115's and 147's with my Octane ... cocking was smooth, no FTF's or FTE's ... fit and finish is beautiful. I'm every bit as happy with it as I am the SD.

I remember people looking down their nose at AR15 clones 20 years ago and M-14 clones before that ... while clone companies were having teething problems problems they all got it figured out!
I would recommend the Omega to anyone considering an HK MP5 style gun.

May 05, 2017, 09:20 AM
kimberkid
So yesterday I got the first prototype of the SPP suppressor adapter ... it threads on to the SPP perfectly but the male threads to the suppressor to the are a bit long so it won't go all the way down, but it's tight and straight. The next prototype we are gong to knurl it and if all goes well, make a few more and blacken or cera-coat them. The prototype is aluminum but the production one will be stainless.

The SPP is one that I've been going back and forth about SBR-ing ... for years! (if I do I'll have to get a better RDS!)
I have a buddy that has a non-folding stock and now that I can suppress it ... the balance beam it tipping towards "Do It!" ... but I really wish it was a folding stock!

May 05, 2017, 09:49 AM
Andyb
MP5's for everybody! I like it Big Grin

Kimber, very cool with the adaptor. Hurry up and SBR it. Careful though, you'll want an APC9 too with mag compatibility and all Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
May 05, 2017, 11:39 AM
kimberkid
Ya know, I swore off any new guns until I was done with the resto-mods on my 72 Corvette ... somehow I've ended up with an MP5-SD, MP5-K, traded into a Kimber Ultra Carry ... and it seems like something else ... now your pushing me to the edge of more stamps (which I also swore off of) and getting me started on a whole new family of BT firearms!

Andy ... you're a BAD INFLUENCE!

May 05, 2017, 12:37 PM
Andyb
Good....good....let the darkness flow through you Smile

Figured I'd post an updated picture of the P26. Added a T1, Larue grip I had laying around, and the Omega 9K.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
May 06, 2017, 10:51 AM
kimberkid
Too bad the switch only has two positions but if it did have a happy position, feeding them can made new purchases prohibitive ... but she does look like it would be a whole barrel of fun!

I put a brace on with an ACE folder ... I thought about getting a stock for it but since the BATFE reversed their previously reversed decision on arm-braces
but I don't keep the sear in it all the time so ... I keep it as a Wink pistol

May 06, 2017, 02:06 PM
Shackelford
Andyb,
That gun just looks right. I'm torn of I want to drop the dough on a real T1, or not. But, thats set up exactly how mine will be, except for a Griffen Revo9k. I'm also undecided if I want to drop a Geissele in it or not.
Now that you've had a bit more time with it, how much do you shoot your P26 vs your APC?
May 07, 2017, 10:53 AM
Andyb
I shoot all the B&T's about the same amount. Usually end up bringing them out together since I only have to load one type of mag Smile I will say the P26 suppresses extremely well.