SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What do you like for a 1-8 or 2-7 rimfire scope?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you like for a 1-8 or 2-7 rimfire scope? Login/Join 
posted
I'd like to get a 1-8 or 2-7 rimfire scope for my .22lr AR build. I'm looking at these:

Vortex Optics Crossfire II Rimfire Rifle Scope 2-7x 32mm V-Plex Reticle Matte

Or

Nikon P-Tactical Rimfire Rifle Scope 2-7x 32 Matte

Or

Bushnell AR Optics 2-7x32 Rimfire Riflescope w/ Drop Zone-22LR BDC Reticle AR92732

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I have gotten great use of my Leupold VX II 2-7 X 33 for the past 15 years. I believe the current version is the VX Freedom. It was mounted on a .17 HMR for awhile, and now is on a .22 PCP airgun. Crisp, bright, and holds it's zero perfectly.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Redfield 2x7 scopes on .22's and they are solid performers. I highly recommend them. They come with a lifetime warranty to boot.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Weaver makes a great 2-7x rimfire.

Not many 1-8x optics are out there for rimfires.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Vortex 2X7 works great on my 10-22 heavy barrel.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy across a number of them with the leupold rimfire.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody have specific experience with the Bushnell AR Optics 2-7x32 Rimfire Riflescope w/ Drop Zone-22LR BDC Reticle AR92732? I've been super happy with Leupold, Vortex and Mueller in the past. This will go on a 22 AR, which looks like what the Bushnell was made for and it has a lot of features compared to other ones in the same price range. Just wondering if the Leupolds and Vortexs would have better glass in comparison??

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a leupold vx1 2-7 rimfire scope on my 77/22. It’s pretty good for what it is. They don’t make that one anymore but they make the vx freedom in rimfire models.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Pretty happy with my Nikons for .22s and air rifles.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I've had mixed results with Bushnell. Nikon and Vortex are consistent and reliable. Vortex has a hell of a warranty.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post