SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My first dobule-lugged M14 build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first dobule-lugged M14 build Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Weshowe asked be to build a double-lug rifle for him over a year ago. He's been patient and busy with other rifles anyway, but I am making some progress on it. He's the most generous man I know and I feel guilty that I haven't worked on this sooner.

Building and pillar-bedding a double-lugged rifle is the most difficult build for M14 gunsmiths and armorers to perform.

This is a rear-lugged LRB M25 receiver with a heavy Lothar-Walther barrel. I cut the barrel shoulder back a couple of months ago and sent it out for bead blast and park. This morning I installed the barrel with a front lug sandwiched between the receiver face and the barrel shoulder. After practicing cutting chambers with my Bald Eagle floating chamber reamer holder, I headspaced his action to 1.631" with a Nez Rongero special piloted chamber reamer. I polished the chamber and throat after cutting.

Next step is pillar bedding it into a McMillan M3A. I've got other projects to work on too, so I probably won't get to that right away.

I'll update the thread as the project progresses.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's going to be a rifle!!

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Geez. M3A, LW heavy barrel, double lug.

Fired up to see how this baby does.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Cant wait to see the finished product. Yeah, Guys, it's going to be my rifle and I can hardly wait...

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Very very cool.....

Good looking work Benny.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post