SIGforum
SIG Tango 6 Battery Life

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4380044454

March 11, 2019, 08:51 PM
Rob Decker
SIG Tango 6 Battery Life
I have been reading some very favorable reviews on SIG's Tango 6 line of LPVOs...but does anybody have any input on how long the battery actually lasts?

A LOT of googling will only tell me about the same tech they have in the red dots I have on my MPX and .22s.

Link to optic (perhaps a different reticle).

Tango 6 1-6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rob Decker,

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
March 12, 2019, 06:05 PM
RHINOWSO
You talking Romeo or Tango?

Romeos are all RDS, IIRC.
March 12, 2019, 08:10 PM
Rob Decker
Thanks, RHINO! No idea how I swapped 'em like that.

March 13, 2019, 07:12 AM
myrottiety
I'm not sure.. But seems like most optics manufactured over the last few years tout a 20,000 hour battery life.

Even the PA, Vortex, and Holosuns have gotten there. I'd have to think something similar out of Sigs $1K plus 1-6.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
March 13, 2019, 05:40 PM
Rob Decker
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I'm not sure.. But seems like most optics manufactured over the last few years tout a 20,000 hour battery life.

Even the PA, Vortex, and Holosuns have gotten there. I'd have to think something similar out of Sigs $1K plus 1-6.

Really? On a 1-6?

I know that red dots got there a while ago, but most of the LPVO scopes I've been looking at don't even bother to advertise their battery life. A lot of research says somewhere between two weeks and a month if you leave the thing on...and that's for the longer ones.

March 13, 2019, 07:03 PM
MrMcGoo
The Tango6 uses "Motac" to conserve battery life. Motac on the Tango6 is very quick to turn on when there is even a little bit of motion.

I have two Tango6s and have never replaced a battery due to being drained. The Tango4 I have needs lots of jarring motion to stay turned on,

Different CR2032 batteries have different lives, i.e., they hold a diferent number of mili-amps. I wonder where SIG finds batteries that last so long in the Romeo4s, i.e., I don't believe their numbers.

The Trijicons and Aimpoints I have stay on all the time and get replaced annually just to keep the battery from leaking.

Bill
March 13, 2019, 07:11 PM
RHINOWSO
Yeah, while all the Red Dots have gotten up to crazy battery life, most LPVOs still have somewhat limited battery life, usually a couple of days at a moderate setting.
March 13, 2019, 09:20 PM
Rob Decker
MrMcGoo, do you typically leave your Tango6s "on," and let the Motac do the work, or do you turn them on, shoot, and turn them off?

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, while all the Red Dots have gotten up to crazy battery life, most LPVOs still have somewhat limited battery life, usually a couple of days at a moderate setting.

This makes me sad in my sad place.

The LPVO is going on a Noveske, which I'm building as my "If You Could Only Have One" rifle. That means theoretically it could pull defensive duty, and "whoops, no more juice" isn't OK on a defensive rifle.

Both my Aimpoint and my SIG Romeo, I just replace the battery every year. Given the Aimpoint has sat in the safe all year...I'm ok with waiting another year, since by 2020 it'll still have a whole nother year of theoretical runtime on it.

Like a battery on an LVPO that I might have to change once a month would be one thing...but not every damn time I leave it on overnight.

Right now it's looking like it's STILL the green-illum Accupoint with a mil reticle unless the board has some other ideas.

March 13, 2019, 10:09 PM
MrMcGoo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rob Decker:
MrMcGoo, do you typically leave your Tango6s "on," and let the Motac do the work, or do you turn them on, shoot, and turn them off?
[QUOTE]

I turn the Tango6s off after firing. The black lines in the reticle are always there. Turning the light off while driving is the reason that I turn them off.

It's very easy to turn the light on with two quick choices of intensity.

The only complaint that I have with the Tango6s is their weight. They are built to last. A throw lever would be a nice addition as they are a bit tight.

Bill