SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG Tango 6 Battery Life
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Tango 6 Battery Life Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted
I have been reading some very favorable reviews on SIG's Tango 6 line of LPVOs...but does anybody have any input on how long the battery actually lasts?

A LOT of googling will only tell me about the same tech they have in the red dots I have on my MPX and .22s.

Link to optic (perhaps a different reticle).

Tango 6 1-6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rob Decker,

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You talking Romeo or Tango?

Romeos are all RDS, IIRC.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Thanks, RHINO! No idea how I swapped 'em like that.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure.. But seems like most optics manufactured over the last few years tout a 20,000 hour battery life.

Even the PA, Vortex, and Holosuns have gotten there. I'd have to think something similar out of Sigs $1K plus 1-6.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I'm not sure.. But seems like most optics manufactured over the last few years tout a 20,000 hour battery life.

Even the PA, Vortex, and Holosuns have gotten there. I'd have to think something similar out of Sigs $1K plus 1-6.

Really? On a 1-6?

I know that red dots got there a while ago, but most of the LPVO scopes I've been looking at don't even bother to advertise their battery life. A lot of research says somewhere between two weeks and a month if you leave the thing on...and that's for the longer ones.

posted Hide Post
The Tango6 uses "Motac" to conserve battery life. Motac on the Tango6 is very quick to turn on when there is even a little bit of motion.

I have two Tango6s and have never replaced a battery due to being drained. The Tango4 I have needs lots of jarring motion to stay turned on,

Different CR2032 batteries have different lives, i.e., they hold a diferent number of mili-amps. I wonder where SIG finds batteries that last so long in the Romeo4s, i.e., I don't believe their numbers.

The Trijicons and Aimpoints I have stay on all the time and get replaced annually just to keep the battery from leaking.

Bill

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, while all the Red Dots have gotten up to crazy battery life, most LPVOs still have somewhat limited battery life, usually a couple of days at a moderate setting.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
MrMcGoo, do you typically leave your Tango6s "on," and let the Motac do the work, or do you turn them on, shoot, and turn them off?

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, while all the Red Dots have gotten up to crazy battery life, most LPVOs still have somewhat limited battery life, usually a couple of days at a moderate setting.

This makes me sad in my sad place.

The LPVO is going on a Noveske, which I'm building as my "If You Could Only Have One" rifle. That means theoretically it could pull defensive duty, and "whoops, no more juice" isn't OK on a defensive rifle.

Both my Aimpoint and my SIG Romeo, I just replace the battery every year. Given the Aimpoint has sat in the safe all year...I'm ok with waiting another year, since by 2020 it'll still have a whole nother year of theoretical runtime on it.

Like a battery on an LVPO that I might have to change once a month would be one thing...but not every damn time I leave it on overnight.

Right now it's looking like it's STILL the green-illum Accupoint with a mil reticle unless the board has some other ideas.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rob Decker:
MrMcGoo, do you typically leave your Tango6s "on," and let the Motac do the work, or do you turn them on, shoot, and turn them off?
[QUOTE]

I turn the Tango6s off after firing. The black lines in the reticle are always there. Turning the light off while driving is the reason that I turn them off.

It's very easy to turn the light on with two quick choices of intensity.

The only complaint that I have with the Tango6s is their weight. They are built to last. A throw lever would be a nice addition as they are a bit tight.

Bill

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post