SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    West Coast Armory 551 & now surplus LE 551-2 SP SWAT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Coast Armory 551 & now surplus LE 551-2 SP SWAT Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
WCA 551 on the right with a normal 551-A1 on the left

and all three of my SIG 5.56mm rifles:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PGT,

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PGT:
WCA 551 on the right with a normal 551-A1 on the left

and all three of my SIG 5.56mm rifles:

/QUOTE]

Nice collection.. very similar to my own..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: heckler,

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny thing i bought my 556 from wca when living in the seattle area. I knew the owner in a small passing way. Our kids went to the same daycare and we would chat. Being the only two armed men in line.

The 551 and p210's were a love of his. He jonesed after them pretty good. I never had the cash for a 551 at the time, i wish i could find one now.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I actually found it here in the classifieds. I sold the 551-A1 to fund it. The

posted Hide Post
The caveat being that i have two BHP's out for custom work. Till they are done no big toys for me.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I dig the OD green. Congrats on getting it!

I came close to snagging a WCA rifle back when they were available but never did. Split the difference and went with a A1 that I added the MFI grey diopter and a true 551 front sight plus a few other things. The 553 of course is original Swiss Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I actually put my MFI diopter rail in grey on the 551; squint and you can see it. I need to swap the front sight to the N+ height still...I have a grey one on a grey Swiss gas block so I can swap the whole thing over. This WCA example was actually black furniture but I had a spare set of green I pulled off the outbound 551-A1.

posted Hide Post
Also went with the 551A1 with the MFI goodies. Got rid of my 556 Classic.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I had a second 553 but the diopter model. If I would have realized the difference, I would have bought it first but since I had already F1'ed the railed 553, decided to part with it. I intended to buy a CZ Bren but ended up with three B&T's instead. Now, to F1 those...

posted Hide Post
I too bought the WCA 551 when they came out. Removed the rail and put Swiss diopter/rail and front sight (800.00) and never shot it. Now I have a $4500 rifle in the safe waiting for me to die.

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Curious, did your WCA 551's come with a factory semi lower or factory select marked lower?

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
select, with a riveted/blocked third position. I.e.. a proper Swiss lower.

posted Hide Post
Mine came with the 0 1 3 20 selector, however, was blocked.

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
select, with a riveted/blocked third position. I.e.. a proper Swiss lower.

Same with mine

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice Sig's . Finally someone in the rifle section posting Sig rifle pics

Posts: 12 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArcticSapper:
nice Sig's . Finally someone in the rifle section posting Sig rifle pics

Thanks. I posted much nicer, well-lit outdoor pics of these awhile back and there wasn't a single reply. I think it's just that people don't browse this subforum much.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Wow...beautiful 551-2SP!

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I'll see your 551:

And raise you a pair of 550s:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
hoooolllllllyyyy smooooookkkkess