SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    West Coast Armory 551
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Coast Armory 551 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
8.9" barrel and short gas? Looks like it.

I believe it is more like 10" in the 551 micro. Mg34_Dan can you confirm the barrel length?

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 1821 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
8.9" barrel and short gas? Looks like it.

I believe it is more like 10" in the 551 micro. Mg34_Dan can you confirm the barrel length?

Since the original pictures were taken, the front sight base assembly has been attached. I just measured everything and it looks like the barrel length, tip to a$$ is exactly 11". Ain't that interesting?

Oh, even though it appears that the flash hider is a separate assembly, it is not. As with the 500 and 551, it is machined on the barrel. I have no idea why the barrel immediately behind the flash hider is shiny. That's the way I got it. I didn't touch or play with it.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 1689 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post