SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Adler Jager AP85 .22 LR FAMAS Bullpup Clone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adler Jager AP85 .22 LR FAMAS Bullpup Clone Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
I picked up this oddball today from a local estate. It's an Adler Jager (Armi Jager) AP85 imported by Mitchell Arms. The Italian company manufactured several .22 LR versions of famous military rifles including the M16, Armalite AR-18, AK-47, British SA-80, Galil and FAMAS. I believe this one dates to the mid 1980's and appears unfired. It came with only a single magazine - no box or papers. It seems to be of reasonable quality using a combination of steel stampings and aluminum castings. There is little information available on line re: these rifles. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
my only input is FAMAS looks funny with wood furniture. but otherwise pretty cool!

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
^^

I think the furniture may be plastic. Looks similar to some of the bakelite (?) stuff found on AKs and early Armalites. Neat gun, though!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I had a 22 cal AP74 Jaeger M16 clone. I shot thousands of 22's through it as a teen. Finally traded it in on a Ruger 10/22 when the sear wore and it started to double. Great fun.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Effin sweet.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post